Links provided by Head-Fiers goes to about:blank
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2016 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blueshound24

Headphoneus Supremus
This issue recently started and it seems to happen only with Head-Fi. I have Windows 7 fully updated and always use Chrome, however it does it in IE 11 as well.

In the Chrome browser when I left click on a link provided by a Head-Fier, (i.e. the Deals thread), it opens up a another new tab blank web page with “about:blank” as the address. When I right click on the link and click on “open in a new tab” it goes to another new page the Deals thread of the same page I was on.

I tried in IE and it does the same thing, except when I left click on a link provided by a Head-Fier, i.e. the Deals thread, it opens up another new page the Deals thread of the same page I was on.

Normal links, (not provided by a Head-Fier in a thread), work normally.

I have tried deleting the cache, disabling all extentions, etc. and have have googled the issue and have been unable to correct it. Anybody have a fix for this?

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone could help.
TIA

Update: I just tried Firefox and it works like it should. So Chrome and IE have this issue, but not FF. Weird. May have to go back to FF...

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  This issue recently started and it seems to happen only with Head-Fi. I have Windows 7 fully updated and always use Chrome, however it does it in IE 11 as well.

In the Chrome browser when I left click on a link provided by a Head-Fier, (i.e. the Deals thread), it opens up a another new tab blank web page with “about:blank” as the address. When I right click on the link and click on “open in a new tab” it goes to another new page the Deals thread of the same page I was on.

I tried in IE and it does the same thing, except when I left click on a link provided by a Head-Fier, i.e. the Deals thread, it opens up another new page the Deals thread of the same page I was on.

Normal links, (not provided by a Head-Fier in a thread), work normally.

I have tried deleting the cache, disabling all extentions, etc. and have have googled the issue and have been unable to correct it. Anybody have a fix for this?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 6
Yep, its been happening to me all of the sudden. Any notification emails sent to my email box, contain dead links in them. And today I haven't received any notifications. So either that means nobody has posted anything new in very popular threads on this site, or more then likely the notification system is down. I am sure the admins will have this problem sorted out soon, now that we've reported it here on the site.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Not sure what I did but this issue is resolved. I changed some settings in Kaspersky and now the links are working as they should. 
blink.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 6
For some reason I really thought it was a forum glitch, until I noticed it happening with other site notifications. For some reason I had to restart my browser to fix it, so that means the problem was on our ends for sure and not Head-FI. Weird issue to have, never had it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back