Like itunes sorting and conectivity (A/V, car) But HATE the EQ.
Feb 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ScaryFatKidGT

500+ Head-Fier
So I have never had an iPod I always thought they were to expensive. I had a Sansa for years and it died on me and I really wanted a 5th gen nano but when they went to a 6th gen I got a Sony-S series instead which I just lost.

Now I liked the Sansa and its 5band EQ and I really liked the 5band EQ on the Sony and I love the "clear bass" bass boost but I absolute hate the iPod, iTunes EQ and the EQ on my blackberry which is the same. Its awful it makes every thing sound bad I have to leave it on off if I put it on bass boost I would rather not listen to anything, but the problem is the Sony's don't work with my Mac, I was using my old laptop which I don't wanna do. I really like iTunes sorting ability (album, artist/sort album and artist and such) and I want to use it with my car deck and A/V resiver.

So I want to get a amp but I wont have it with me all the time but I guess I could. Is there any way I could hack an iPod and over ride the EQ or something? Or are there any small portable amps with good EQ's I could get?

Also I have about 20GB of music currently at 192kbs if I go with everything in apple loss less I'm going to need about a 100GB (iPod classic) but if I stay with 320mp3 I would only need about 40GB and could go with a Touch which would be nice.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 3
You could get an ipod touch 4G (32GB or 64GB) and get one(or all like me:)) of these apps:

EQu
equalizer
sonicmaxpro
stereophonic

flacplayer (If you want to listen to FLAC)

Much better and cleaner than the stock EQ.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 3
I have thought about that but it looked like you had to load the songs into the app or something do you have to do that or is it pretty easy to use?

Is FLAC better or a smaller file size than Apple Loss less?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back