Lighter-Fi
Jun 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 21
My zippo died on me while i was trying to change the flint..

Apparently all zippos are covered under a lifetime warranty but i haven't got round to sending them in... i do want a matte black one though.

My 90cent BIC lighter has been the most reliable so far :D

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
My zippo died on me while i was trying to change the flint..

Apparently all zippos are covered under a lifetime warranty but i haven't got round to sending them in... i do want a matte black one though.

My 90cent BIC lighter has been the most reliable so far :D

This is true... They take pride in the fact that they have never charged anyone for the repair of their products. Zippos are a really good value considering how well they work.

An interesting alternative is the IMCO lighter. These are made in Austria from folded sheetmetal, and flip open and light in one stroke. They also feature an adjustable wind screen that will alter the flame height. Exchanging the flints is much easier than with a Zippo, and the cap seals a little better, meaning that the fuel dries up less quickly. They do have sharper edges than the Zippo, though, and I would say that the Zippo lighter feels more solid. But they're definitely worth a look considering the interesting mechanism of operation, and the fact that they cost less than a Zippo.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #18 of 21
IMCO are great lighters for the price but my Heart lies in the IM Corona brand
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 21
Indeed, I've blown a seal before and Corona repaired the lighter for free plus I told them I lost my fuel cover on another model and they gave me a replacement for it as well. Great company, killer product
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back