Leica D-Lux 5 & Lumix DMC-LX5 (TAVES Toronto Audio show - Nov.01, 2013 - Photos)
Oct 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #166 of 174
It is very hard and I'm extremely thankful for having what little I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEIxDK-tOIE

Appreciate your forthright response,thanks for taking a look.

News casts can be slanted toward sensationalism,it is good to have some input from a front line person with a vested interest.

Hard to believe a waiting list exists for a secure parking lot to sleep in,just one of over twenty locations in Santa Barbara.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #167 of 174
Quote:
Appreciate your forthright response,thanks for taking a look.
News casts can be slanted toward sensationalism,it is good to have some input from a front line person with a vested interest.
Hard to believe a waiting list exists for a secure parking lot to sleep in,just one of over twenty locations in Santa Barbara.

Yeah....not that hard to believe really.

The housing bubble really hit people hard around here. It's sad to hear so many stories of people not being to afford to stay in their house.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #168 of 174

Just practicing....

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #169 of 174
Been a long time....

one of my new ones:

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #171 of 174
Very nice interest!

I still love my LX-5 and use it at least once a week. I still think it takes beautiful pictures. Still...would love to get a D800.

The previous shot is 3 shot HDR. Taken on a tripod.

After the HDR, I mixed in a B&W conversion.
normal_smile .gif

Here is another one I took recently:

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #172 of 174
Bryston gear with Grado Professional, the PS1000 metal cups were too heavy for my liking, causing the ear speakers to drop down.
Preferred the model one below in the series. Sounded good and punchy with the top flight equipment.

Woo Audio Fireflies DAC/Amp, brought life to these old laptops and Sony headphones.Nice sound, small package.
Producer from M.A Recordings selling his Hi-Rez DVD's.
I purchased his true stereo Sera Una Noche recording in 96kHz WAV, including four 2.8 MHz DSD files.

Incredible little 7W kit amp using RCA 6L6GC tubes, from http://www.vkmusic.ca/
Classic 6L6 tube mid range with the Senn HD 650 headphones, my favorite new amplifier.

Super nice owner of Toronto's Headfone Shop, Charles Park.
Even broke out the $1,300 AKG 3003 Hybrid IEM, with the AK 120 and ALO National amp.
When I told him they couldn't move me away from the JH-13's, he suggested the Shure SE 846.
He sold a pair of Westone UM 30 on the spot, my friend is testing a pair in the photo, he really liked them too.
Ended up plugging in the HE 500 HiFiman into the portable set up (not enough grunt but gets the job done), then onwards to V-Moda booth

A Stax Tent in a hotel room? Yes! Finally Plurison Audio Distributors has Stax for Canada.
My friend had never heard Stax headphones - mind blown.
I still find the top dog does not escalate in volume enough for me with the Stax amp.

Plurison also had the Focal speakers with the new $9,000 Devialet DAC/amplifier, excellent.
A row of Focal headphones too, with iPads out to a mini dac/mini amp setup, I liked these closed headphones.
Most preferred the studio sound of the Focal Pro headphone over the coloration of the more expensive Focal Classic.

Full rack of all NAIM audio gear, just beautiful. Speakers, newest music server - it was all here.

My friend was sold on this new all in one player by Cambridge Audio, the Minx Xi.
Going to get Focal bookshelf speakers and a tablet to go along with this for a bedroom system.

The McIntosh room with the big Maggies, thought more of the McIntosh speakers from last year.

Gershman Black Swan speakers, no price drop from $45,000 this year either.
They did set up some new entry level Gershman speakers for $2,100 show special price.

I found these smaller $7,000 Casta horn speakers to be brutish sounding this year.
They were hooked to an expensive Blue Circle system, look at the price tag, did not enjoy...

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #174 of 174
Three years have gone by and cell cameras have brought us the to the Nokia Lumia 1020, so things have improved.
A stand alone point and shoot camera is good to have around, if you can swing it and have an interest in photo shoots.
Leica has the D-Lux 6 now but I'm pleased enough after three years with the 5 model, I have no desire to trade up.

Between Photobucket and Huddler, much of the actual detail is lost on here, the original photos are sharper and colorful.
Going to audio shows spurs the desire for different gear too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back