leave IEMs in electronic dryer overnight?
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

charonme

100+ Head-Fier
If you use an electronic dryer for your IEMs, do you leave the IEMs in it overnight even though the drying program only lasts for an hour or so? I just checked how much water is evaporated inside my dryer vs. outside overnight and more than twice as much water got evaporated outside. My dryer only has one program: 35°C 45min

Sep 3, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 3
If you put it in a box with a little container of Damprid it'll work much quicker. Rice is a desiccant also, but takes too long. A USB fan or hair dryer on no heat will literally work faster than those driers. I have two dehumidifiers and monitor it, when it's humid nothing will dry and if it's 45 percent humidity or lower it's really fast. We have a couple of thermostats with humidistats on both floors just to keep an eye one it.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks, so I usually open the dryer after the program is finished. BTW it also has UV-C light, so I think it's still useful even if the drying wasn't very effective. I'm also considering replacing some of the heating resistors with a slightly lower value to increase the temperature a bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back