Learning OrCad & PSpice
Nov 21, 2002 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ob3ron

100+ Head-Fier
I've got an educational copy of OrCad Release 9.1 (came with my Engineering "Electrical Circuits" by James Nilsson and Susan Riedel) and I'm just twitchin' to learn this stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif
My book also came with a booklet called "Introduction to PSpice using OrCad 9.1" but I'm finding it a little hard to follow much of it, because well, I don't yet understand all the theory they mention. Will I be lost on learning these programs without advanced (or at least intermediate) knowledge of circuit design?

If beginner knowledge is all I'd need to start; does anyone know of any good links dedicated to learning these programs? And preferrably ones catering to the neophyte... It would be great if there were even some place dedicated to using PSpice and OrCad for audio applications.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of any good printed documents on the subject, I'd love hear their suggestions.

-Tommy

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 4
Try searching on google.com for schools that use Pspice for laboratory exercises in EE courses. Some might have pretty good tutorials on how to get started (that is, if the professor and TA's were planning on having an easy time with the students, they would write up the initial labs this way).

Nov 24, 2002 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 4
Go through the tutorial that comes in the Orcad/PSpice manual. It doesn't have much theory and there's enough there to get you started on analog circuits.

Nov 25, 2002 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 4
We use PSpice for our EE classes at Cal Poly. I have the PSpice book, OrCad PSpice and Circuit Analysis by Keown. It's a pretty good reference.

One of my professor's recommends a PSpice book by Tuinenga over the Keown text. Apparently its simpler and easier to follow. I'd trust his advice and get that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back