Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville again) (November 24th) impressions tread
Dec 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #76 of 82
I have the 600s on my head right now through the Vali.. its a good sound. not like it was with the 650 though or the Bushmills or anything else. Something sounds off somehow almost bad. maybe the recording though....

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #77 of 82

I sit here with the 700s jamming away but inside I want the 650s on my head instead.

It's true.

Totally nutzos :) So should I just give up my dream of buying some HD800's and be happy with what I've got?

There really is something magical about the HD650. The HE400 is technically superior in most areas (better imaging, soundstage, instrument separation, clarity) yet I still find myself with the 650's on my head most often.

Idunno if you've messed around with mods yet, but one I found that works really nicely is removing the foam inserts underneath the pads and replacing them with womens nylons haha. It opens them up a bit and brings the highs forward just a tad.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #79 of 82
  Something sounds off somehow almost bad. maybe the recording though....

The recording or you.  And you're off.  Off from what things sound like naturally.

I've made that distinction about you.  Lack real life references, maybe?

You should play those drums you have, you'd be like, whoa.

Totally nutzos :) So should I just give up my dream of buying some HD800's and be happy with what I've got?

You could but everyone that has the 800s have sold themselves on that they are what is the greatest.  Technically, they are fantastic.  Regarding timbre, the 650s in my opinion get it correcter.  Which, IMO, is more important.  If tonality is off, I don't care.  The 800 is good, don't get me wrong.  The 650 sounds more natural to me, though.  More true to life.  Thus, better.

I need that little extra bottom, and I need that little bit of smoothed over top for things to sound like real life, in my life.

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #81 of 82
Takes off the 700s that he just got back after a couple weeks and puts on 650s...

Like putting on slippers and sitting down finally after a long day...

Taking off your pants on a hot day...

Feels good.  Oh so good. 

Like that first swig of cold ass beer.

Mmmm.  I swigged.  And have slippers on, and I'm sitting, and have the 650s on.  Pants on though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back