L30/E30 Upgrade
Nov 24, 2023 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Skycyclepilot

100+ Head-Fier
I'm again considering an upgrade to an amp/DAC worthy of my HiFiMan Arya headphones. My analytical/electronics engineering side says that the L30/E30 combination is audibly "perfectly" accurate and transparent, and has enough power, and the Audio Science Review website agrees, which would mean that what I have cannot be improved upon. But my rational side says a $1,300 set of headphones needs something better - "more expensive".

I've been considering the Topping 70 Ensemble, or even the Burson Playmate II. I want more power, for more headroom, and I need a volume controlled RCA output to drive my KRK studio monitor speakers. What say you...

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 3
I've had the Arya a few times including the stealth version too. They really want 2 watts into 32 ohm and balanced provides more current so you can stay out of high gain mode when you equalize.
A Topping l30II/E30II sounds great, but I was in high gain in no time when using an equalizer. The L50/E50 would be a better choice, and the A30Pro/D30Pro is even better. The SMSL M500 will power them too if you want an all in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back