KZ ZAR and AS16 Pro vs ZS10 Pro-X?
Jun 1, 2023 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dickiefunk

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought the KZ ZS10 Pro-X IEM’s for live music stage monitoring. I had been using Shire SE215’s with custom mould sleeves but thought I’d give the KZ’s a go after hearing so much praise for them. I have to say they have completely exceeded my expectations and the Shure SE215’s now sound thin and nasally compared with poorer soundstage and imaging.
As a result, I’m intrigued by the KZ ZAR and AS16 Pro’s.

Has anyone compared any of these and could comment on how the audio quality compares?

Jun 1, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I have both the ZS10 Pro-X and the AS16 Pro. For my ears, the ZS10 Pro-X fits my ears like a glove. The AS16 Pro isn't uncomfortable but for walking around and moving, the ZS10 Pro-X feels very secure. The AS16 Pro, I usually use at my desk or while sitting down.

There are times where I think the ZS10 Pro-X and AS16 Pro are more similar than not. But then, while close listening, I'll hear a passage, an instrument or an audio effect in a track/song while listening to the AS16 Pro that suddenly jumps out to make me think the AS16 Pro is indeed a step-up from the ZS10 Pro-X. If I'm not close listening then maybe I wouldn't notice it. FWIW, I'm using after-market balanced cables and after-market eartips. YMMV.

I'm not a musician or involved in music anymore. I'm just a casual music fan nowadays.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your reply. That’s an interesting point about the fit. The ZS10 Pro-X fit me like a glove aswell and they are very comfortable. This is very important to me as I don’t want to be worrying about the IEM’s becoming uncomfortable and working loose and popping out whilst performing.

I’ve been told the KZ ZAR also offers a little more refinement and detail than the ZS10 Pro-X but am interested in hearing a few more user reports.

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I am using the ZAR and the ZS10 Pro-x balanced , the Zar is the more refined, less distortion/ possibly cleaner , tighter bass , blacker background , overall much better timbral accuracy , separation and generally more interesting to listen .. but the zs10pro-x is more immediately fun and snappy , have funnier bass and sub -although more bloom , nice mellowing mids , and has much better soundstage ( wider + deeper ); they also sound more harsh or not refined on highs , the Zar feels a more polite and secure on highs

best price to performance is ZS10Pro-x , very fun pair
but far from monitor or audiophile quality
Zar gets noticeably closer.., the most short on them is : soundstage / which is notably among the strenght of the ZS10Pro-x , that goes wider and deeper then 35$ , on the Zar everything is presented more on a same layer .

both have a darkish nice sound the zar is a notch or two blacker (nice)
the zs10Pro-x want to be and show spectacular while the go , and in part they succeed with sub bass and stage
the Zar gets you quietly stalking at them at how fine they are while they go ; while stalking you 're hard to say something is bad or wrong (soundstage apart , if they had soundstage on this sound they would belong to the hundreds $)

just my 2c , if it can help someone ..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back