KZ AS24 24 Balanced Armature Drivers IEM review
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FredTaylor

New Head-Fier
KZ AS24 Tuning Version
12 BA per side
8 Tuning Switches

Getting AS24 is a reasonable choice cuz it is KZ the newest multi BA iem that’s very similar with AS16 that I love. And AS24 is an attempt to explore "upgrade". My other multi-unit BA is TRN X6.

My X6 also didn't fit the cable connection very well, it was half loose. All my previous experience with 2-pin connectors was KZ (or CCA) and they gave me no issues because of their simple design that put the connector in the opened case. The X6's design embeds the connector in the resin of the case, and the fit relies on the ridges of the molded case, which doesn't work well in combination with polymer shrinkage. Not a solid design in my opinion.

I think AS24 is a warm iem which has very coherent style, very clear sounding good BA bass. Compared to the X6, it doesn't feel overly attenuated. There is enough treble to provide good resolution that seems to have some of the characteristics of a DD, such as a little extension into the midrange. Finally, it would be great if it was the first all-BA IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back