KSC-75 Left Channel Gone
Dec 17, 2010 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joem86

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of KSC-75 headphones through amazon largely due to the reviews on this website. After about a month the left channel went out. I tested the connector with a multimeter and it seems to have continuity on both ear ear pieces. The tip of the connector goes to the left channel +, the middle goes to the right channel +, and the bottom goes to ground. There are no shorts.

Is it possible my driver got damaged? What other things haven't I checked?

Thanks,
Joe

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you contacted amazon for a replacement?

If its outside of their return period contact KOSS, they will replace them if you send them back. Im not sure if koss makes you pay shipping, but amazon does not. Try amazon first.

If your amp has substantial DC offset its possible to melt the voice coils off of the speaker cones (which are plastic in this case). The best fix is to get them replaced.

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 4
Good advice, TIL about the KOSS warranty. These headphones are beyond my abilities to repair. I did find out that the circuit between ground and left + is broken, probably on the speaker end. I don't think I can check on the voice coils without breaking plastic, but you're probably right. I wonder why this happened in the left and not the right.

Oh well, 6 bucks for return shipping is a lot cheaper than buying new ones (at least until radio shack has them on sale again!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back