Koss products
Dec 9, 2001 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/HomeCatalog

Aside from the Koss 35/50/55/sporta/porta

what about the KSC-5, that grip onto your ear and the ear piece hangs in place? Are they comfortable, how is the sound quality?

KSC-15
KSC-19
KSC-10

So any input? They all look like the style i want, plus I've seen them around in local stores, the famous 35 would have to be ordered online which is a hassle and more expensive.

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 5
melancholypunk,

The Koss KSC-10 and KSC-15 are Koss' version of the el-cheapo "Street Style" headphones. They sell (in the U.S.) for $10 and $15, respectively, and though they're not among Koss' better-sounding headphones, they're still better IMHO than those overpriced Sony Street Style headphones. But they don't offer enough improvements in performance to justify paying any extra money for.

The KSC-5 and the KSC-19 are earbuds with clips on them. They sound better than most of the cheap earbuds, though the current/newer Sennheiser MX-### earbud line still whoops those Koss earbudclips.

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 5
I think I'd like to get a pair that clip onto your ear, but are the earpiece only (instead of the pad that rests on your ear).

KSC-19, KSC-5.

Can you describe the sound? Bass/treble/mids....etc and if possible compare them to other brands.

are Sennheiser MX series the kind that clip around your ear?

Thanks for the info.

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 5
I think the Koss KSC-5 and KSC-19 are the ONLY earbuds that have clips on them. All of the other earbuds (other than the "vertical" headband-mounted ones) that I've seen - including the Senn MX's - have no clips at all.

Dec 9, 2001 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 5
right now i have ex70's, sound good but hurt my ears.

I think a problem with those will be a complete lack of bass. You get the bass from earphones because they are in your ear, if they are resting just outside i dont think you will get the OOMPH with the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back