Koss Owners: About the Warranty...
Dec 4, 2001 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
I got some Koss KSC-50's just under a month ago (Nov. 9th). And I really like the balanced sound I'm getting out of them. Now since I use them for my portable listening, I've kind of been abusing them a bit. At two points in the cord, there are the three wires (red, green, and clear white) poking out of the fabric protection. This didn't bother me too much, but last night, when playing with the clip to try and get a better fit (I guess I was putting a bit too much pressure on it) I accidentally snapped the right clip off of the headphone.
Since these are pretty much beat right now, but the sound is still perfect, how can I get them replaced?
Would I be able to since the damage is all physical and not necessarily Koss' fault? (the cord damage wasn't my fault, but the clip damage was definitely my fault - they don't have to know that though, hehe)
Anyone have any experiences with Koss' lifetime warranty?

Thanks a whole bunch in advance, means a lot to me!

EDIT >>>> I HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED THEM NOW< SCROLL DOWN ABOUT 5 REPLIES TO SEE THE UPDATE<<<<<<<

Dec 4, 2001 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 8
I've used the Koss warranty about 6 times with different headphones... they're cool with anything. I love Koss (KSC 35s)!

Dec 4, 2001 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 8
The cords popped out of mine too! right by the Y intersection.
Will koss take them back if I just call them adn send em in? Or did I have to send in a warranty card... cause I know i didint.

Dec 4, 2001 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 8
yes, just send it back with $5... they don't care about the warranty card. They will tell you that they've raised the price of repair from $5 to $6.50 due to increased postage though.

Dec 5, 2001 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 8
So like $10 total for me. Hmm not so bad. Ill probably just buya pair of 35s or portapros and then send these in as to have a backup set.

Dec 7, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Ok....more bad news....
My friends (luckily not my best friends) are idiots. So far, BOTH earclips have broken off, one of the earclips is lost, the wire is popping out of the cord in two spots...and guess what.... the ksc-50's fell off my friend's desk when she was using them and now they sound verrrrry hollow. They sound like the drivers are blown, and when turned up loud, there is a popping sound, almost like there's a little flapping piece of thin paper in front of the driver.

So in other words, my ksc-50's are shot to hell.

Will they still give me a new pair? I mean, it's kind of crazy just how many things are wrong with them. I should be shipping them off this weekend.

Is there any way of paying some extra money to have Koss replaced them with a new pair of ksc-35's instead of another pair of ksc-50's? Cause it would be worth it...

Any help is appreciated a lot, thank you so much.

-SapphireModena

Users who are viewing this thread

Back