Klipsch image x10 Vs. Sleek SA6
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #18 of 28
i listen to all types of rock including some very heavy stuff.

The klipsch image x10 are incredible in comfort, isolation, and sound quality.

You won't be disappointed.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 28
I also enjoy the X10 better than the SA6. The only down side I can see with the X10 is the very thin cable. There have been reports of the housing splitting at the connector and where it goes into the drivers. You just need to be careful. Heatshrink also helps.

the X10 sound is increadible and the fit is great.

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 28
X10! All the way! The comfort is amazing, and the sound signature is just so warm, bass rich, fun. Its not something you can explain ! :O I felt like i paid too much for the small size, but it turns out the SQ is better than bigger earphones at the same price @_@

Which reminds me, I never finished that review -_- Oh well.

I will x2 on HeadPhoneAddicts last post btw, did some research on that... I will also agree with sceii, the cable is more plastic like than rubber like, which poses a problem as its always sticking up and out somewhere -> however the trade-off is that its extremely durable.

just so you know, the factor that made me choose the X10's over other IEM's was other users accounts of warm and bass rich sound rather than analytical sound. Its amazing micro full range armature as well.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 28
I love X10's sound as well as its incredible comfort, however I found that the microphonic was just too much.

So I decided to buy SA6 since it can be worn over the ears to reduce the microphonic, but ow the itch! The stock tips are so unconfortable just as HeadPhoneAddict's review indicated.

So, what did I do? I put the X10's tips onto SA6, and hey presto, it's the answer to everything
bigsmile_face.gif

Good sound, great comfort, no microphonic.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #24 of 28
I loved the comfort of the X10s as well. My problen w/ them was not a good enough seal in my ear.

The Sleeks fit perfectly. I also preferred the the X10s overall, especially when they were 1/2 off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love X10's sound as well as its incredible comfort, however I found that the microphonic was just too much.

So I decided to buy SA6 since it can be worn over the ears to reduce the microphonic, but ow the itch! The stock tips are so unconfortable just as HeadPhoneAddict's review indicated.

So, what did I do? I put the X10's tips onto SA6, and hey presto, it's the answer to everything
bigsmile_face.gif

Good sound, great comfort, no microphonic.

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is ipod touch 2g enough to drive x10? As they're relatively high impedance phones, is the headphone amp necessary?

Yes, I have both, and the Touch is more than enough to drive the X10s. But using an amp sweetens the deal, especially the Icon Mobile, which is flat and fits together with the Touch very nicely.

Dec 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have both, and the Touch is more than enough to drive the X10s. But using an amp sweetens the deal, especially the Icon Mobile, which is flat and fits together with the Touch very nicely.

I'm definitely not planning on buying & carrying aroung an amp, hence the question.. So far I've had Super.fi 5 Pro, Triple.fi 10, IE8 and I haven't had any needs to amp them up. But these are going to be the first high-impedance portables (replacement for IE8) I'm planning on buying so I wanted to make sure I'll not need an amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back