Kind of Blue Classic Records?
Apr 9, 2004 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tk_suki

100+ Head-Fier
Well I went to buy at the local Jazz store and there were two nearly identical except price.

Only dif I could see was this.
CS8163-BV $60
CS8163-Q $40
Both were classic label.

BV = Blue Vinyl (ltd edition)
Q = ???QUIEX?? not sure if it is the SV(super vinyl)

I just want a high quality sound at lowest price. Not that the above are good prices but the retail price in Japan. Perhaps can save a few $s on-line order, but factoring in postage wait, well would need to be a big dif. Will price compare later once I know which is the better deal.

I do not want to be like NeilPeart just yet with mult copies, want to start out with JUST 1. Maybe later I will add to the collection. Since kind of expensive prefer some insight.

Welcome some advice from you vinyl junkies.

Apr 9, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I have not had real good luck with colored vinyl. There always seems to be a flaw or the sound is not as good as the black pressing. Quiex vinyl generally sounds very good to my ear. So for the best sonics I usually get the Quiex and forgo the colored. Unless of course it is on of my favorites and I buy both and look for more of any pressing.... but thats just the junkie in me.

todd

Apr 9, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks. This means the cheaper one is the better deal for me, anyway.

I did try and research this. Asylum had a long rant on the Blue Vinyl ltd edition, not so ltd edition... I could careless if they make 1 or 1M as long as it sounds good.

I was confused on the LPs coz Classic had some announcements which were not clear on re-issues and some changes.

So the extra cost is for collectability vs sound. I saw some other overpriced LPs just coz they had signatures. No thks.

Anyway if the CS8163-Q audio quality is high than $40 is not so bad.(The strong yen is kind of inflating the cost perception. It is 4,200 yen. yen price wont change if dollar strenghtens nor decline, but for conversion here looks more exp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back