KEF new headphones!
Jul 18, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #676 of 685
Dragging up an old thread but just received a pair of the M-500`s in a trade for my R2A`s.

These aren`t very good, they are excellent. Nudged +2 bass on FiiO amp and James Blake`s limit to your love sounded remarkable.

I`m not that easily pleased but pretty chuffed with these and only had them 10 mins. Super small and comfy too.

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #677 of 685
Dragging up an old thread but just received a pair of the M-500`s in a trade for my R2A`s.

These aren`t very good, they are excellent. Nudged +2 bass on FiiO amp and James Blake`s limit to your love sounded remarkable.

I`m not that easily pleased but pretty chuffed with these and only had them 10 mins. Super small and comfy too.

Awesome! I've really needed to thin the herd for a long time now, but I can't bring myself to part with the m500's. They do sound great (the bass is amazing), and you are right, they are ridiculously comfy. Loose fit on the head for ke, but that's about my only niggle.

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #678 of 685
Awesome! I've really needed to thin the herd for a long time now, but I can't bring myself to part with the m500's. They do sound great (the bass is amazing), and you are right, they are ridiculously comfy. Loose fit on the head for ke, but that's about my only niggle.

Agreed the headband isn`t the best but that`s hardly a negative. Really liking these things and bizarrely hearing somethings I haven`t heard before. I know sounds like a cliche around here but an example:
Emeli Sandé - Eleanor Rigby cover.... right before she starts to sing I never knew there was a soft male voice counting her in (the guitarist I presume)

Great stuff.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #679 of 685
I've been on the fence over these for quite some time but have ordered a pair open box from Accessories 4 Less and they should be here Saturday.  Unlike some folks here I don't have many headphones, just a couple pairs of Sennheisers (535 and 598), but these were $150 Open Box with full warranty so I figured that I wouldn't get a better deal.

Jul 1, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #685 of 685
I just want to take a moment to talk about some top tier customer service.

I had a friend from work ask me to look at a pair of headphones that he had at his desk. He came back to his desk to find that it was difficult to maintain a stereo signal suddenly. No idea what happened to them while he was away, but they didn't work right now.

I narrow it down to the jack and disassemble the unit to look at the part. Pretty simple soldering job so I thought I would look for a replacement. Sweet Baby Jesus are there a ton of options out there. I then reached out to KEF to find the part or schematic. I was first told that support had access to neither. I replied with some concerns about find the right part and then they offered to just replace the unit rather than leave me in limbo.

This is what make a good product great. I love the sound of so many products they make and now the added security of their support.

Two thumbs up for KEF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back