jvc fx66
Aug 28, 2008 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I listened to my old time music tonight. Quick silver messenger service -Mona and who do you love.
Iron butterfly- In-a-gadda-da-vida and lots of other great hits from my hippy days. First I used my Koss 75 for about an hour and the sound was great but then I put on my jvc fx66 and started over the same music and was just blown away. The fx66 had way better bass and had a way more fun sound. The drums in Iron butterfly was awesome. Also the fx66 had no outside sound. All I heard was the music. Great islation. I did this on my 2gb sansa clip. I am just so impressed by the fx66 at such a very low price.

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 8
I've always been impressed by this model JVC so much so I sometimes felt JVC didn't know what they had. A canalphone that costs under $20 and it surpasses a lot of expensive ones.

If you are interested, JVC released, for right now a Japan-only, new type of canalphone that puts the driver right out front where the sleeve is and it sounds even better than the FX66. It has a more refined sound to it. Te only place to buy them right now is eBay, Japan World Store. It's the HP-FXC50.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 8
HI: Yeh I read about it. The driver is only 5.8 mm big. But I am very happy with my fx66 and very little cost that they cost me. I know that there is aways better stuff to buy but then the fun go away for me. I am enjoying this low end concept of great sound for very little money. LOL.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 8
LOL...Yeah, that's something I should have followed, myself. I might not have an anorexic wallet if I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listened to my old time music tonight. Quick silver messenger service -Mona and who do you love.
Iron butterfly- In-a-gadda-da-vida and lots of other great hits from my hippy days. First I used my Koss 75 for about an hour and the sound was great but then I put on my jvc fx66 and started over the same music and was just blown away. The fx66 had way better bass and had a way more fun sound. The drums in Iron butterfly was awesome. Also the fx66 had no outside sound. All I heard was the music. Great islation. I did this on my 2gb sansa clip. I am just so impressed by the fx66 at such a very low price.

You an old hippie too? I once saw Iron Butterfly live, at the Allentown Fairgrounds, with (who else) Three Dog Night, the headliner. Funniest memory of Iron Butterfly? Watching them do Inagaddadavida on TV, and they "lip-synched" the entire song, including the drum solo (the guy was way off most of the solo).

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 8
I was an hippie in SAN FRANCISO HEIGHT ASBURRY back then and we had free concerts in GOLDEN GATE PARK every day to get about 3 or 4000 hippies off the streets. I saw live great groups befor and during thier prime. all for free for about 4 years. Then the first concert hall opened on the great highway The Family Dog I think it was named. I whent there and saw PINK FLOYD live doing umaguma and it cost 2.00. The real funny thing was the concerd hall had no seats or chairs. We all just sat on the floor and PINK FLOYD blow our minds. Keep in mind that our minds were blown on the way there. LOL. All we really did back then was listen to great music and some other stuff. Music was our cultrure and our life to peace.

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 8
I wish it was that way with people nowadays...not any kind of drugs or whatever, but peaceful music and hippiness. The crap going on in government turns my stomach and I have to chill with music. There is so much in-your-face attitude with government that ...Ahh...I'm not even gonna go there. [zenning out right now]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back