Just popped the X10's in!
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

toxic888

100+ Head-Fier
Unfortunately slow review progression... Should have typed this up first and then posted.

<^> Introdution: <^>

- Purchased on-sale $175 at Klipsch.com.
- Delivered with 6 total layers of packaging (Why?).
- Come with
- A nice faux-leather hard-case, fits my 3G iPod nano very well.
- A second, portable magnetic hard-case (less than 1" thick).
- 10 oval - shaped silicone ear tips (very oval shaped).
- Cleaner, Stereo Adapter, Plane Adapter.

This review will focus mainly on:
- Detailed pictures and descriptions/captions.
- comfort
- physical features
- size
- durability
- build quality

Note: Klipsch confirmed they will accept a return that's an open-box up to 30 days. I expected this, but for some reason, the first returns dpt. employee I spoke to sounded confused and said no. Glad that's cleared up.

=-=-=-= Immediate Impression / Notes: =-=-=-=

WHOOOOAH!
YES... this is exactly what I've been looking for!
Keeping these!!!
Pictures and a short review coming soon: ~ Thursday

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=First Impression / Notes:=-=-=-=-=-=

- Honestly, the first 5 minutes of listening I felt like crying, screaming, and jumping all at the same time. You think I'm kidding?
- I've been listening for 4 hours straight so far; ever since I un-boxed these.
- Extended use (4 hrs +) very comfortable. However, some itchiness and "hot-ears" present (possibly from the silicon).
- Large double-flange are the best fit; excellent. The oval-shape really helps put pressure on all sides of the ear canal; when I put my old IEM's back on, I can feel some minor stress on the left and right sides of my ear canal.
- The gel tips, do, unfortunately, cause your ear canal to itch-up at times.
- The main part of the IEM fits completely inside the ear; the black, flexible rubber end of the IEM bends downwards through that little anatomical ditch near everyone's earlobe. I can press both my hands at the side of my head at the same time and literally feel no pressure from the IEM's.
- Excellent presentation of sounds made by percussion instruments.
- Bass response is incredible. tight, very clean.
- Best music genre with these is by far techno. All instruments/beats/sounds are relatively evenly volumes, some frequencies sound accentuated. which isn't at all bad; sounds amazing.
- I honestly, during this 4 hour time period, forgot I was wearing these IEM's at times.
- Cable is of decent length, not too long or short for portable use.
- Cable is thin but seems very durable; feels more like hard - plastic than rubber, if you know what I mean. (Of course it is flexible ;P)
- Great sound-stage present!
- Bass is not over-powering.
- Warm sound signature.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Comfort (Issues, Concerns, Praise :p, etc.)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(Coming Soon)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Size=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(Coming Soon)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Durability / Build Quality=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(Coming Soon)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Songs tested / Notes:=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(Coming Soon)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Cable (Microphonics)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
(Coming Soon)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Ear Gels & Seal=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=Pictures=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Camera: 12MP Nikon CoolPix 5100

(Coming Soon)
- Packaging 1 (x)
- Packaging 2 (x)
- Size Comparison (x)
- Profile View ()
- Side view ()
- Flexibility 1 (x)
- Flexibility 2 (x)
- Macro close-up of cable detail (with a direct comparison to old IEM cable) (x)
- Y-cable (x)
- Accessories/Cases (x)
- Oval-shape tips (x)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=(Other Categories)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=(Other Categories)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 15
The best part is (at least with my pair) the sound only gets better. I think there is some slight burn-in that happens over time. My bass got crisper, instruments and vocals became more separated, and overall clarity improved slightly from the time I got them.

In fact, at first I was almost disappointed, but now I'm thrilled with my X10.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best part is (at least with my pair) the sound only gets better. I think there is some slight burn-in that happens over time. My bass got crisper, instruments and vocals became more separated, and overall clarity improved slightly from the time I got them.

In fact, at first I was almost disappointed, but now I'm thrilled with my X10.

I think that's true for me too. Except I liked it a lot first, now I love it. =)

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 15
My x10's started strong and have gotten only slightly stronger. I have used them approx. 15 hours since getting them and I do not burn them in overnight.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 15
i too, have noticed the same thing...although i have the x5's.

I don't know if the phones got better due to burn-in, or if its just that i have gotten used to them.

This whole burn-in concept is intriguing...has anyone been able to absolutely prove that "burn-in" exists? or could it be simply because the user has adapted to the sound signature of the phones?

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 15
I got the custom 3 on sunday and on monday they shipped them and they got here today ( they gave me free overnight shipping wow!) on tuesday but i wasnt home and i didnt know they where shipped because i never got the email with tracking #, i live in california and i looked at the Fedex door tag they left and it got shipped from california. I did buy from Klipsch.com %50 off :)

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the custom 3 on sunday and on monday they shipped them and they got here today ( they gave me free overnight shipping wow!) on tuesday but i wasnt home and i didnt know they where shipped because i never got the email with tracking #, i live in california and i looked at the Fedex door tag they left and it got shipped from california. I did buy from Klipsch.com %50 off :)

I had to ask for the tracking number directly from Klipsch customer support. I wish they'd do that automatically in their order processing system.
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to ask for the tracking number directly from Klipsch customer support. I wish they'd do that automatically in their order processing system.
beerchug.gif

I dont know what im going to do tomorrow because im working and i wont be home again, i dont care if they want a sig im working all week in the morning so how will i ever get the fing box??

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 15
sign it so they leave it at your door? That's how I got mine.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know what im going to do tomorrow because im working and i wont be home again, i dont care if they want a sig im working all week in the morning so how will i ever get the fing box??

I sent mine to my work. Makes life 100x easier. (That and I live in a neighborhood where leaving something at the front door means it gets stolen in 15 minutes or less
angry_face.gif
)

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 15
lol no, i live in a "rich" neighborhood, not that im rich.. and i can leave anything out for days no prob, but fedex left me the door tag saying i cant sign the paper because i have to sign it in person only =/

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #15 of 15
I got custom 3s instead.. arriving tomorrow. Doctor told me to avoid IEMs in general, but I figured that was from the ugliess of the triple fis and I'm giving them one last try. If they're uncomfy I'll probably get x10s as well. I wish somebody would do an in-depth comparison between the two phones
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back