Just made an INCREDIBLE-sounding pair of headphones using Koss KSC75
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

peskypesky

1000+ Head-Fier
So, I found an old pair of KSC75s in my brother's rubbish pile. The foam pads had disintegrated.

10302945.jpg

I found some foam pads from another cheap headset that fit.

Then I found a dead pair of Sony MDR-V1's.

So, I ripped out the drivers from the Sony's and super-glued in the KSC75s. They fit almost perfectly. The super glue seems to have damaged the foam a bit, but that's an easy fix.

I just put them on to listen...and OH MY GOD!!!! They sound INCREDIBLE. Loud...with great frequency range. Crisp highs and nice bass. Mids are good too. The overall clarity and musicality is blowing my mind.

I have to wait a week or two before I can compare them with my other set of KSC75s (which have a Parts Express headband). But I don't think they are going to be able to compete with these new ones.

These might be my favorite-sounding headphones ever. They are VERY lightweight and have a secure fit. Very comfortable. I can see listening for MANY hours with these.
Koss KSC75 in Sony housing 3.jpg

Koss KSC75 in Sony housing 1.jpg
Koss KSC75 in Sony housing 1.jpg

I'm definitely thinking of buying another cheap used pair of the Sony MDR-V1s to use as housings for my other set of KSC75's. These babies sound delicious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back