Just a bit of constructive criticism...
Aug 14, 2009 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
I want to preface this by saying, I like ALO products. I've purchased one imod LOD, and am on the verge of purchasing another standard LOD for other uses.

OK...so here it is (and this is just my personal opinion...others may disagree)...
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I seriously don't like the ALO logo melted into the connector shroud on the ipod side. To me, it looks tacky and even cheap (again, this is just my opinion). On the LOD I purchased, the melt job left lumpy accumulations of melted plastic in some areas, and honestly, it was tough to even discern that it said "ALO".

If you have a player & an amp, and you're dropping the $$ for a nice LOD, then chances are, aesthetics are important...even the smallest details matter. I think the ALO logo is already pretty prominent on the mini-plug overmold...my personal preference would be to have no logo on the ipod side overmold.

Anyway...sorry & hopefully this is received as constructive & not insulting. Again, I'm an ALO fan.

Peace,

Graz

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to preface this by saying, I like ALO products. I've purchased one imod LOD, and am on the verge of purchasing another standard LOD for other uses.

OK...so here it is (and this is just my personal opinion...others may disagree)...
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I seriously don't like the ALO logo melted into the connector shroud on the ipod side. To me, it looks tacky and even cheap (again, this is just my opinion). On the LOD I purchased, the melt job left lumpy accumulations of melted plastic in some areas, and honestly, it was tough to even discern that it said "ALO".

If you have a player & an amp, and you're dropping the $$ for a nice LOD, then chances are, aesthetics are important...even the smallest details matter. I think the ALO logo is already pretty prominent on the mini-plug overmold...my personal preference would be to have no logo on the ipod side overmold.

Anyway...sorry & hopefully this is received as constructive & not insulting. Again, I'm an ALO fan.

Peace,

Graz

Hey Graz,

Noted. Thanks for the feedback.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back