JRiver not functioning
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #17 of 18
Go into sound options win 10, make sure your DAC is the output device chosen, Go to advanced options and make sure your bit rate chosen is supported by you dac. Next go to J-River and playback make sure your DAC is chosen use Direct to start. Go to Bit stream and make sure that matches what you have set on Windows. next go to DSP and set your Output to the same level as Win 10 and playback. close J-River. Re-Open it and try to play a file

I have had to do this upon upgrading several times. I have noticed latency with newer versions of J-River which would seem to point to more memory being used. making it more challenging to use older machines. Ultimately I ditched Win 10 in favor of Linux Mint, sounds better, uses less memory, no constant win. updating, much less background program running...............A little more work to download J-River and a bit more involved to load the library but I am happy with the switch

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #18 of 18
Thanks for the tips @joespride -work has been crazy busy, haven't had time to play at all, but I'll give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back