JPlay no longer supported by JRiver
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zan.Tiago

Head-Fier
Hello Folks,

I use JRiver as my audio player of choice.
JPlay it's something that sound very interesting to me but it doesn't works with JRiver anymore since they think is a scam. My question is: It would be better to migrate to Foobar2000 and use JPlay as Audio Engine ?
JPlay website is very confusing for me, do they have their own audio player or it just work as a replacement of the Audio engine on a audio player ? I tried to use JPlay mini but didn't catch how it works. I'm using JRiver with Kernel Streaming and it was a incredible improvement!

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I like the signature ^^

For some reason the JRiver team must feel deep hatred toward the competition to call it a scam and ultimately to block it. I really don't get that. And of equal level this seems to be an official statement from the Foobar camp: http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/components/482398a390566e59

I tried Foobar with the JPlay driver a year ago and it worked fine then. Like you I found sound quality to be more to my taste than default WASAPI. I was really impressed actually.
JPlay-mini is their very stripped down player that can playback FLAC files only if I remember correctly. Worth trying instead of Foobar. Check the manual under Jplay Classic.

The forum members are usually helpful. You should feel relaxed about posting there for more detailed answers.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi,

I like the signature ^^

For some reason the JRiver team must feel deep hatred toward the competition to call it a scam and ultimately to block it. I really don't get that. And of equal level this seems to be an official statement from the Foobar camp: http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/components/482398a390566e59

I tried Foobar with the JPlay driver a year ago and it worked fine then. Like you I found sound quality to be more to my taste than default WASAPI. I was really impressed actually.
JPlay-mini is their very stripped down player that can playback FLAC files only if I remember correctly. Worth trying instead of Foobar. Check the manual under Jplay Classic.

The forum members are usually helpful. You should feel relaxed about posting there for more detailed answers.
Hi, Moriez

Thank you, it's very accurate isn't it ? from da Vinci

I don't get either, it's so weird that they sound upset and tagged JPlay as a scam.
What do you think Jriver with WDM-KS or Foobar with JPlay and KS as well ?
Have you checked "The Optimizer" ? https://www.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Simplicity appeals. (DV seems questionable according to sources)

Spend little time with Jriver because of the unattractive interface. For a short time it was Foobar before settling on what is now JPlay FEMTO controlled by BubbleUpNp or Fidata apps. I also run AudiophileOptimizer on Windows Server 2019. This setup was a project to move playback away from my multi-purpose PC to a dedicated PC in which I did what came on my path. Maybe or maybe not I would do things differently now. The world of computer audio knows even less limits than Head-Fi with tweaks and hardware for days and many roads that lead to Rome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back