JH Audio JH 13v2 PRO Impressions and Discussions Thread.
Oct 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #46 of 52
Really? Is that the 4 pin screw black cable or did I get an older model?

The new standard cable is a Premium 4-Pin Litz Wire Cable with Machined Aluminum Locking Collar. High Purity OFC 4N Silver-Plated Cable will not oxidize per their website. Here is a link to the new cable. If your bass adjustment module looks like the one in the link, then you have the new cable. All JH Audio IEMs ship with the new cables since I think some time in September or maybe early October. Not sure who manufacturers them now, but I asked them and they stated they are no longer using Moon Audio cables.

The new cable comes in black and silver. I bet you have the new cable if you ordered new recently.

https://jhaudio.com/p/4-pin-spare-cable

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #47 of 52
The new standard cable is a Premium 4-Pin Litz Wire Cable with Machined Aluminum Locking Collar. High Purity OFC 4N Silver-Plated Cable will not oxidize per their website. Here is a link to the new cable. If your bass adjustment module looks like the one in the link, then you have the new cable. All JH Audio IEMs ship with the new cables since I think some time in September or maybe early October. Not sure who manufacturers them now, but I asked them and they stated they are no longer using Moon Audio cables.

The new cable comes in black and silver. I bet you have the new cable if you ordered new recently.

https://jhaudio.com/p/4-pin-spare-cable
Thanks mate!

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #48 of 52
I spent a lot of time reviewing the whole current JH lineup as well as research beforehand.

Basically the JH13v2 is where it's at in terms of value for money.
The JH16v2 is a refined version of the JH13v2, with better bass control and overall texture.
The Roxanne is way more detailed than the two, but has more of a forward sound that's a little shouting.

I chose the Roxanne's, just because the gap between 13v2 and 16v2 is too close.

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #49 of 52
I spent a lot of time reviewing the whole current JH lineup as well as research beforehand.

Basically the JH13v2 is where it's at in terms of value for money.
The JH16v2 is a refined version of the JH13v2, with better bass control and overall texture.
The Roxanne is way more detailed than the two, but has more of a forward sound that's a little shouting.

I chose the Roxanne's, just because the gap between 13v2 and 16v2 is too close.

I am replacing my venerable but failing 16's version one. I have now tried the Roxannes, Lolas, 13v2 and 16v2.

Roxanne is THICK and wants to be LOUD. I could find no sparkle in Roxanne whatsoever. This is apparently part of the engineering of this IEM for on-stage musicians, who would suffer hearing damage from sparkly highs at high volumes. Of the four models, I thought Roxanne would be my favorite and it turned out to be my least favorite. The 13v2 is, not surprisingly, the leanest of the bunch. I need to turn the bass screw up to at least two pm for it to seem to have sufficient "oomph" for many kinds of music. For classical or delicate female vocals the lower settings are fine.

I still have the 13v2 and 16v2 for audition from JHAudio. At this moment I am leaning towards the 16v2. It has enough flex in the bass levels that I can keep it dialed back for most kinds of music but for a basshead monster track I can turn it up towards 4 pm. for that extra bass push.

Lola is nice, but I can't think of it in terms that justify its being hundreds of dollars more than the 16v2.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #50 of 52
hey folks, it's been awhile. i've been wanting to replace the cables on my ciem jh13v2s because the signal cuts out due to damage on the audio jack. i bought the 4-pin to mmcx connector (linsoul) and 4 new mmcx cables (3 cables from aliexpress and 1 one from amazon). im pleasantly surprised that different cables did sound sound different from each other. one sounded just like the stock cable (i think, need more listening). my favorite so far is the kbear rhyme from amazon. it had the most drastic change from stock. the soundstage is wider. i can hear a little bit more clarity and details (i notice the kick drums in some tracks are better defined). instruments seem to come from different places compared to the stock cable.

after googling, the 4-pin adapter can be had for 70-80% cheaper from taobao. most audio trinkets ive searched are cheaper compared to aliexpress. fyi.
im thinking of getting a 4-pin to 2-pin adapter and a couple more cables but im still figuring out how to use an agent service for chinese ecommerce sites.

if you can get the adapters and cables from taobao (less so from aliexpress), its well worth it i think to get more enjoyment out of your jh13v2.

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #51 of 52
hey folks, it's been awhile. i've been wanting to replace the cables on my ciem jh13v2s because the signal cuts out due to damage on the audio jack. i bought the 4-pin to mmcx connector (linsoul) and 4 new mmcx cables (3 cables from aliexpress and 1 one from amazon). im pleasantly surprised that different cables did sound sound different from each other. one sounded just like the stock cable (i think, need more listening). my favorite so far is the kbear rhyme from amazon. it had the most drastic change from stock. the soundstage is wider. i can hear a little bit more clarity and details (i notice the kick drums in some tracks are better defined). instruments seem to come from different places compared to the stock cable.

after googling, the 4-pin adapter can be had for 70-80% cheaper from taobao. most audio trinkets ive searched are cheaper compared to aliexpress. fyi.
im thinking of getting a 4-pin to 2-pin adapter and a couple more cables but im still figuring out how to use an agent service for chinese ecommerce sites.

if you can get the adapters and cables from taobao (less so from aliexpress), its well worth it i think to get more enjoyment out of your jh13v2.
I would be really interested in the connector, was it expensive and is it worth it? If you could send some photos that would be great too!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #52 of 52
I would be really interested in the connector, was it expensive and is it worth it? If you could send some photos that would be great too!
Sorry for the terribly late reply. I've been busy with non-hobby stuff since. I bought my adapter from linsoul and as of now it costs $74.99. It's the same price I paid for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back