iTunes does not rip accurate audio data
Sep 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #196 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The point people are making is that despite iTunes having error correction, the error correction is not robust enough to catch all errors. For most cases, this error correction will be sufficient.

Exactly. If they are having problems, it's likely that they don't have error correction turned on at all. If they did, it would be sufficient in most cases.

See ya
Steve

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #197 of 199
Oh I agree, in most cases. For the cases I gave as personal examples, I had it on (always do) but it just wasn't enough. Again, ALAC = FLAC = Wav = AIFF sonically for those worrying. The only difference will result if/when something goes wrong in the encoding and that isn't very often. I Because I'm OC about this stuff, and ran into problems, I went the EAC/FLAC route. I've got some scripts set up, to batch it all and then run dbpoweramp to transcode to ALAC. So it is nearly as simple now, as running iTunes because I just drop the disc in and away I go.

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #198 of 199
dbpoweramp really is a blessing. I download a lot of live music in FLAC, and thank god for dbpoweramp to convert to ALAC.

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #199 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isnt there a Lossless format which works on both Foobar + iPod?

Apple Lossless, WAV and AIFF should all work with both Foobar2000 and iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back