It's okay if you missed your prom
Aug 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I remember watching some YouTube video a while ago and the guy said that he regrets not going to his prom. He said that in 11th and 12th grade, he was self conscious about himself and shy with the girls. So he regrets that he missed his prom.

I gotta say, I did not go to my prom too because I was shy and girls were not attracted to me.

Do I regret not going to my prom?

No way. It's not a big deal if you missed your prom. Personally, I don't see the appeal. To me, it's a stupid dance and I don't get it.

If you missed your prom, don't regret it in life. It's not a big deal if you were never popular in high school and ignored by girls.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 4
A bunch of us attended our prom just to be there, and since it was a boys' school anyway, it wasn't too problematic. We had a bigger problem with the food - we were all (that included the ones who had dates) miffed about how we could have just each purchased a porterhouse each. Or pooled for a roast calf (something our school serves every year, in greater quantity if the college teams won the basketball, football, or volleyball championship). The stiff chicken katsu had us all going, "this is archeopteryx, not chicken!"

But the real reason we all went to our prom stags: we went to a strip joint right after. With fake IDs that nobody bothered to check. Then we called the guys who brought dates, and if you answered we'd taunt them, "not getting lucky are you? guess where we are!!!"

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 4
I was nervous about both my junior and senior proms. I went alone both times (your loss ladies) but my senior prom something special happened. While surrounded by a room full of self conscious high schoolers, me and all of my freinds suddenly stopped caring. We started dancing and having a good time, and that was one of the best nights of my life. We danced until they were shutting the prom down, and by the end we were the only ones left one the dance floor. We may have been the worst dancers there, but in the end we all had a great time, and our classmates were just sitting there watching us have fun.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 4
That's sounds great. The power of music and dance can be a wonderful thing. It's a tribal energy. It doesn't matter if you dance well or not.

I remember dancing till 6 am in Las Vegas at a concert club. The live music was so energtic and the band played till dawn. It was an incredible night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back