It's best to ignore angry drivers
Aug 17, 2016 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
On two occasions recently, I had angry women give me furious looks and tail gating me because I was driving the speed limit and obeying the law. I try not to speed because the police can be aggressive and I have paid hundreds of dollars in the past from speeding tickets. So now, I drive carefully and try to obey the traffic laws.

Some of these women drivers have anger issues and lashed out on me for driving too "slow" and safely. The one lady stuck her middle finger at me. I was tempted to follow her and confront her but it's not worth it.

Why? Because this will not change society and you will still have angry women drivers anyway. Confronting them will not change the world. Just ignore and forget about it. That's the best thing to do.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 11
Woman drivers are the best.

They don't miss a thing.         ouch  
blink.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 11
Driving within the speed limit does not always equal safe driving (and driving faster than the speed limit doesn't always equal dangerous driving) especially if the traffic is faster than that and you block the rest of the traffic.

Letting off steam can be really satisfying just make sure you won't be late from the job/dinner etc. because you've wasted an hour to yell with some stupid driver.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 11
I agree that the speed limit is not always safe but driving within the speed limit in a quiet residential area is safe and I have gotten speeding tickets.

Yes I will continue to ignore these crazy ladies.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 11
  Driving within the speed limit does not always equal safe driving (and driving faster than the speed limit doesn't always equal dangerous driving) especially if the traffic is faster than that and you block the rest of the traffic.

Letting off steam can be really satisfying just make sure you won't be late from the job/dinner etc. because you've wasted an hour to yell with some stupid driver.

But then you make the assumption that the speeding drivers drive more safe then if everybody would keep within the speed limit and keep the same pace.

Lower speed more time to react, less stress and you have more time to scan the surroundings. If you crash the consequences is less severr unless the car you meet is speeding. Then he get an unfair advantage in a frontal collision.

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 11

But then you make the assumption that the speeding drivers drive more safe then if everybody would keep within the speed limit and keep the same pace.

Lower speed more time to react, less stress and you have more time to scan the surroundings. If you crash the consequences is less severr unless the car you meet is speeding. Then he get an unfair advantage in a frontal collision.

No, I did not assume that. What I assume is that if everyone breaks the speed limit in the first place, it's safer to go with the flow instead of trying to drive within the speed limits. Where I live this is actually quite common, unfortunately. Keeping within the speed limit would be much safer than not doing so, however most people break it and with that they force the rest to do the same if they don't want to take the risk of someone crashing into the rear of their car.

I agree that the speed limit is not always safe but driving within the speed limit in a quiet residential area is safe and I have gotten speeding tickets.

Yes I will continue to ignore these crazy ladies.

I didn't say you shouldn't. All I'm saying is that I understand the more temperamental people as well. Whining doesn't make the world better place but at least it feels good for some, isn't it?
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 11
  No, I did not assume that. What I assume is that if everyone breaks the speed limit in the first place, it's safer to go with the flow instead of trying to drive within the speed limits. Where I live this is actually quite common, unfortunately. Keeping within the speed limit would be much safer than not doing so, however most people break break it and with that they force the rest to do the same if they don't want to take the risk of someone crashing into the rear of their car.

I didn't say you shouldn't. All I'm saying is that I understand the more temperamental people as well. Whining doesn't make the world better place but at least it feels good for some, isn't it?
biggrin.gif

But if you don´t speed you force the drivers behind to slow down and you are both going safer. You can´t assume he will crash you for adherring the speed limit. You shouldn´t go below of course unnecessarily. I mean if you go at 150 km/h he can still do 200 km/h. How much do you need to speed to stay ahead? Then you are racing the car behind you :D

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 11
If you ignore angry drivers, aren't you opening yourself to being run over by them.....  ??  
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back