Is this an older Grado Gold?
Oct 24, 2006 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nick 214

Headphoneus Supremus
Excuse my ignorance in Grado carts, I'm an Ortofon guy, but I just aquired what looks like a Gold cart. It's a Grado (duh) with a brow stylus face, and a golden body. it also has (on the bottom) an Interlaced "GL". Sorry for the lame picture, I haven't quite figured out this new camera yet.

Thanks for any help!
DSCN0150.jpg

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Can you tell us what it says on the front above the "GRADO" inscription?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply, Lini.

On the front of the cart, which is brown ( thier older style) There is the GRADO (in gold lettering) inscription and a golden "G" above it, nothing more, nothing less. The only other marking is on the bottom of the body (the gold metallic covering for the coils and posts) and it's a "G" with an "L" intersecting the "G" (they are interlaced within eachother). I was playing "Tubular Bells" a minute ago, and the stylus literally snapped, it has seen a whole lot of use, so I need to know what this baby is now more than ever. When I removed the stylus and the body cover I ound some black gunk covering parts of the coils, should that be there?

Thanks for any help:

Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 5
Hmmm, maybe the base model of the G-series then (There also were a G+, G-1, G-2...). The looks would fit, too. But I'm afraid I can't help you any further, 'cause I'm not experienced with Grado cartridges.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back