Is there a reason for headphone holders?
Sep 23, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Damn, wrong forum!
smily_headphones1.gif
Mods: Please move.

--Illah

Sep 23, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
Just curious if it's purely asthetic or if it actually prolongs the life of the cans in some way. I just keep mine in a drawer.

--Illah

I'll respond to this--I use my headphones almost exclusively with my PC, so I'll make it relevant to this forum that way
tongue.gif

I notice headphone hangers/stands help me use them a lot more by keeping them close at hand. If yours are in a drawer close by, then same thing. I had my headphones hanging on a wall behind my monitors and often found myself reaching up and turning on my cheapo PC speakers rather than standing up to get my headphones. Since I got a stand, moved them next to my mousepad and usually keep them plugged in, I use my headphones a lot more.

A lot of things are that way--if it's too hard to get set up, you won't use many items that you otherwise would.

MS1_2_50.jpg

Sep 23, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 4
If you're using electrostatic headphones, the stand and a dust cover prolong the life (the dust cover does, the stand holds the dust cover), as the charged mylar attracts dust.
Otherwise, I consider them necessary to eliminate cable mess and accidental drops and crushes, but not essential.
My headphone holders are the corner posts of carts (the ones that stick out) and long rods held in place that I can hang my headphones on. Never considered actually spending money on something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back