Is Marantz CD4000 god?
Apr 4, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Marantz makes some nice gear but it sure as hell isn't god
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 9
"God" it is certainly not. "Good" it is, but not more.

You will do mutch, mutch better if you save some more money and do a "jump" over the CD 4000 and even the next (CD 5000). Buy the CD 6000. And buy with confidence. It is much better then the two smaller brothers sound wise and mechanicaly.

Cheers!

Apr 6, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Hi Guyferd,

I had one of these a year or so back. I'd inherited it when I donated my old Rotel player to him.

The Marantz CD4000 is a wicked transport. Its a variant of the Philips CDM12 that is used from everything from £100 Marantzs to mega bucks Krells etc. Plugged into a decent DAC the CD4000 doesn't disgrace itself alongside mor cotlier transports.

Operating a snormal player plugged into an amp with normal phono connections it's pretty average and i've found it to be a touch on the bright side but I can say that with all Marantz players that i've heard to date.

The headphone out on the CD4000 is avaerage and there isn't a proper volume control on there, it's operated digitally from the remote.

Overall, for the money it's a decent player but i'd probably check out the rest of the competition before plunking down the cash.

Sound As Ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back