Is it Right?
Nov 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FullBright1

Headphoneus Supremus
So, today im reading an interview. Its a recent one, and its with the son of George Martin who is talking about his "remix" of the Beatles "White Album".

Seems the success of remixing "Srgnt Pepper's", last year, has given the record company Executives, the confidence to now allow a full "remix" of the entire White album.
After this the entire Beatles catalog of releases will be remixed and repackaged and resold (again) in the next few years.
The remixing is being performed by George Martin's son, who by all acconts, was not even a completely developed zygote before the Beatles broke up.
But it sounds good...authentic.... like good Press, to say....>" ""a Martin" is remixing the Beatles music, when its time to hype the PRODUCT, as if this offers a reasonable justification for raping the sacred.
Its sounds reasonable, i supposed, if your IQ switch is stuck on stupid, and you dont realize what i just pointed out about MR Sperm baby....

So,
I vote no.
I vote "blasphemy".

How can you take music that is long long ago created by the artists and the producer and mixer, and then, about 50 yrs later go in and change all the parts and levels according to how you feel on any given day, AND.... you were not even yet @the tender age whereby you were nurturing yourself at your mother's PAP when this music was being originally created.?
And that, my friend, is the least of the heinous wrong involved within this situation, but, its the easiest to understand.

Listen, remixing, is not the same as remastering.
Remastering, which i do professionally, is simply taking the preexisting and refining its sound....enhancing its beauty.... repairing sonic issues so that the intent of the sound of the songs is represented in the most accurate, honest, and lovely means.
Remixing, on the other hand, is changing the SONGS, by changing all the parts as you feel you want to hear them go.
This is like taking the Mona Lisa painting, and repainting it with some color and taking some away, based on how you feel today or tomorrow,.. and you end up with NOT THE ORIGINAL INTENT of the Artist and the Producer and the mixer, ect.
Its BUTCHERY.....Its CASTRATION.......Its WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!
= UNDERSTAND, that what you end up with, is not what you had, not the ORIGINAL, not the already Completed, evolved, and fully realized CONCEPT of the painter and the musicians and all who were involved within the ORIGINAL CREATION.

This is like Paul McCartney trying to get lawyers to change "Lennon - McCartney" ...to... "McCartney - Lennon" on all the subsequent Beatles's to be released music, ...after the Lennon guy is worm dust in the casket, and can't cast a VOTE.
And its the same with this corporate butchery..... You dont have all the members of the Beatle's agreeing that their music can be CHANGED by "remixing".
Paul realized later this worrying about "Lennon/McCartney"..."McCartney/Lennon"...was a really bad idea on so many levels, including the main one which is the Moral Level, ...and so... he rightfully got off that doomed and burning ship before the eternal fallout water was over his head and he drown..

But now, to take what is 50 years etched in the hearts of Beatle's fans...the way the songs are recorded, and change it all around like a Rubik's Cube, just so you can RESELL IT as "remixed".
This is gag worthy corporate greed, prevailing at the expense of, and literally against, something that is extremely sacred in this world,.... and that is the music that was created by the Beatles, as it was originally conceived and recorded as completed songs by all the members and original producer and others who made it happen.
And im not really a true fan...of the Beatles...I love some of their music...sure.... BUT, i am a fan of not doing something destructive to what pre-exists as perfect already in the hearts and minds of billions of people who live in the known universe.
So, all this that "Corporate" is doing to their music, is just wrong.
Its beyond wrong.
It truly is raping the sacred for the sake of calculated greed.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 8
tenor.gif

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 8
I didn't care for it either. I listened to some short clips on YouTube and it just didn't sound 'right' to me. I much prefer my 2009 stereo CD. Vinyl Rewind's YouTube channel had some comparisons of the vinyl. They had the 1968 US LP, 1980 UK LP, 2014 UK Mono LP and 2018 Remix LP. I definitely preferred the sound on the 1968 or 1980 versions. The mono just didn't sound good to me at all and I didn't like really anything on the 2018. I know a lot of folks on the Steve Hoffman forums still prefer the 1987 CD, though personally I find the 2009 to be an improvement.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #7 of 8
One of these days I’m gonna buy it on vinyl and listen to it on LSD since that was basically the original intention back then.

If you are going to trip and listen, then you might try this.

Rosalie Cunningham. (Solo)
Its just been released today. 8-1-2019
She did a Beatles cover of "Strawberry Fields."
I'll go now and post it on the "Covers" Music Thread.
If you listen to it, note that halfway through it becomes much more "heavy", the guitars, etc.
This is what HER music sounds like....
Much heavier.

-
-
-
71J1zry8kUL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back