Is it possible to make Koss PortaPros noise isolating?
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iPoodz

100+ Head-Fier
I've had PortaPros for a few months, and I love them. The only design flaw i see is the incredible leakage of sound, which results in them being pretty much useless on the subway, unless I blast the sound so loud that everyone on the train can hear it.

My question is, are there any replacement pads, or inserts that would fit over the PortaPro's speakers that would make them isolate noise, as other headphones do?

[I don't really want to cut these headphones up and put them in firing range headphones (which is what I found by searching Google)]

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you do realize that sealing them will change their sound signature right? In other words, these would become closed headphones and it would be tougher to get a good sound from them.

Yeah, I thought about that. The reason I didn't get ones that isolate sound from the start is because I don't like the sound that feels like you're underwater.

But since, recently, I've been taking the subway pretty often, I'd like an option to put on something that'll isolate sound for the 40 or so minutes I'm on the train.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM = in ear monitor, right?
I was hoping to find a way to make some sort of modification to my existing headphones, instead of buying a new set.

This topic is pretty useful, but is there also any other ways to make the portapros sound even better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back