Is anyone experiencing sudden switch off of the WH-1000XM5 for no apparent reason?
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rp92fl

New Head-Fier
Purchased less than 1 month ago, I've already experienced several sudden switch off of the headphones while videoconferencing in Teams connected to my Macbook, often just after few minutes after having turned them on and started conferencing. When listening to music it takes longer, even a couple of hours, but it eventually happens as well.

I've already disabled the auto switch off option on the app, and have also reset both the app and headphones a few times, to no avail.

They'll then turn on if I want right away after the event. But, meanwhile, as it happens during Teams calls, I'm left unheard by the other parties as I talk for about 10 seconds, and I can't hear them viceversa. Very annoying, very unprofessional when happening for work Teams conf.

P.S. Auto-off disabled on the app and battery always kept between 50%-90%, so no root cause on that side.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 5
I had the Same issue I think its a manufacturing defect so maybe try sony service centre.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 5
I had the Same issue I think its a manufacturing defect so maybe try sony service centre.
Thanks for your feedback. I've tried indeed, and it was dismaying.

I thought that given the class of expense for these headphones I'd be better covered, but despite explaining that the nearest service centre was 2h driving away (back and forth) and hence asking if there was any courier pick-up service ... I was plainly told no, I'd have to manually carry the headphones and leave them. I'd add ... for an undetermined amount of time while, though brand new, they'd be probably opened and made old right away, and then another 2h driving to collect them back.
Very rigid policy for such an expense. So much that I'm keeping them so far until I happen to foresee I'll have a couple of occasions where I could make the trips.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Are you still within the return window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back