Irvine/Orange County Meet Impressions
Nov 2, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #121 of 133
Nov 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #123 of 133
I don't think they are mutually exclusive conditions.  Often they go hand in hand. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #125 of 133

Quote:
LOL!
Speaking of visitors, I think someone told me there was this teenage couple there that they thought were not part of the group.

Well, I think it was just weird to see a Head-fier having a relationship w/ another human being, especially of the opposite sex.  Plain strange.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #126 of 133
Well, I think it was just weird to see a Head-fier having a relationship w/ another human being, especially of the opposite sex.  Plain strange.

I was also bewildered By the fact that there two, may I repeat TWO entire females at the meet that day, not part of a female not a picture of a female but TWO entire living breathing females.
Such a sight must be kept in the record books.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #127 of 133

I was also bewildered By the fact that there two, may I repeat TWO entire females at the meet that day, not part of a female not a picture of a female but TWO entire living breathing females.
Such a sight must be kept in the record books.

There were two?

This is definitely a meet to remember :rolleyes:.

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #128 of 133

Quote:
There were two?
This is definitely a meet to remember
rolleyes.gif

There have been up to 3 living females at one meet (not part of JH or other company). One of them was my wife.

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #129 of 133

Quote:
LOL!
Speaking of visitors, I think someone told me there was this teenage couple there that they thought were not part of the group.

Oh - they look young but I believe that was Steelle and hi GF.

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #130 of 133

Quote:

You guys had some awesome gear present at your meet!

While the SR-009 remains (in this one man's opinion) the best headphone--probably ever--there is not a Stax 007 setup I've yet heard that I'd prefer to the LCD-3 well-driven.  Of the current production headphones of any type (that I've heard), the SR-009 is the only one I would choose over the LCD-3.

Well Jude you really must compare with the Sennheiser HE60 which is terribly underrated against Stax 007 IMHO.  Can't comment on the SR-009 as have not had the opportunity to hear just yet

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #133 of 133

Quote:
Why, thanks.  DNA 2A3 certainly is a special amp!

And big! Donald just posted dimensions of the final chassis in the Sonett thread. It's as big as the Luxman P-1u.

I love the way the background blurs in your pictures by the way while being nicely focused in the front.

Quote:
Lol, did you guys catch the random hotel guest that wandered into the meet and proclaimed, "What is this?!"  That guy was completely disoriented.  When we explained it to him he still couldn't grasp the concept!

Hehe, he must have thought it was some covert operation or something with all the phones and tube amps.
If I have people over and they see a tube amp it's always ... "What the hell is that???"
I have only one audiophile friend and he also happens to be my dealer for speaker and a/v gear.
He only sells Sennheiser headphones and no dedicated amps.
He tells me most of his clients think €1000 for the HD800 is insane, but they do buy €2500 cables though.
His clients should see my setup ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back