IRiver 2/ Rio Volt2 info
Jul 31, 2001 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pineapples10

100+ Head-Fier
I dont know if you guys have caught onto this yet, but IRIver has released some pictures of the new IRIver (rio volt2). Looks pretty cool...hope the headphone jack is better on this one though....oh well...we'll see.... go here and click on one of the three links: http://www.iriver.com/iriver2/iriver2.htm

Aug 2, 2001 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 6
It's got a nice 12 mW amp. I like the left and right channel monitors. The user defined EQ is neat too, even though I'd never use it. This thing looks like it has a ton of functions and features covering almost everything. LCD contrast? Beep Volume? Messed. Anyway, If it sounds good it might be the perfect MP3 CD player.

Aug 2, 2001 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 6
is this thing out yet? where can you get it?
argg there's so many mp3/cd players based on that similar lookin platform...decisions, decisions..

Aug 2, 2001 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 6
I like how they got rid of the little dancing characters at the bottom of the LCD. And the riovolt is supposed to sound pretty good, so hopefully this one will follow suit. And the power is nearly doubled! awesome.

Aug 3, 2001 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, I thought the dancing figures were really stupid. Who likes to watch the LCD on their portable CD player anyway? Save the cute animations for software MP3 players (even then I think it's unnecessary). But yeah bpm2000, there's the AVC Soul and RioVolt and iRiver, all with the same functions. Basically the cheapest one you can find will do as well as any other. It will be late August or September until we see a RioVolt version of the iRiver 2 in the US; SonicBlue handles the US market of iRiver.

BTW, you can find the AVC Soul for $120 at Computer Geeks...
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=DMP-1
The RioVolt seems to go for no less than $140 so this looks like a good deal

Aug 4, 2001 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 6
hmmm I think I had better wait for this 2 version to come out.... I hate those little dancing !#@%!# on the original ones! More money to spend on my digital camera I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back