Ipod Touch!?!?
Jan 18, 2009 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

The Uam

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so before I visited this site to develop a new and expensive hobby, I bought a new Ipod. a 1 gen touch. Now i'm wondering, I just bought the PA2V2 portable amp from Gary (nice guy) and I'm wondering. Will Beyerdynamic DT880 work with the amp and touch? I don't have an imod, and its the 32 gig version. Most of the files are 320kbs or Apple Lossless so the quality is there. But I heard that is doesn't have a direct line out. Will this make a difference? Will the Beyerdynamic's be a waste of money? Please help....
Thanks

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 6
I too have the iTouch 1gen 32gb and am considering getting the pa2v2.
i dont own the DT880 so i cant give you any specific feedback but i'm quite sure that the amp will have enough power to drive the phones.
Btw,.. what headphones are you using at the moment?

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 6
grrr,.. double post. my bad.

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Unfortunately the sound quality from the iTouch is not the best, it is possible to modify the iTouch to get direct output by modding it. Check the DIY forum

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 6

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by meemorize /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too have the iTouch 1gen 32gb and am considering getting the pa2v2.
i dont own the DT880 so i cant give you any specific feedback but i'm quite sure that the amp will have enough power to drive the phones.
Btw,.. what headphones are you using at the moment?

The Beyer 880's will be my first pair of phones. I'm going to buy them when my amp comes in. Right now, I'm listening with the stock apple ear buds and they are not doing much with me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately the sound quality from the iTouch is not the best, it is possible to modify the iTouch to get direct output by modding it. Check the DIY forum

The thing is, i'm terrible with modding things and I dont want to mess around with the internals. I'm worried I might brake something
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back