iPod Price Changes?
Jan 14, 2003 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BlackFireN2O

New Head-Fier
Does anyone on this forum know if the iPod will decrease in price (5gig PC model) anytime soon. I really want one, but i don't wanna buy it and then find out it'll be on sale in two weeks. Frankly i put value in front of convenience in most cases, and this is one of those cases. I already have a 10% discount from the apple store just for being a student at my school, but i want to know if there are any general price plunderings anytime soon. Apple failed to mention much about the iPod in their conference in San Francisco (spelling) but not everything can be brought to the table at that time? If anyone has any info on this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance! PEACE

Jan 15, 2003 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think you have anything to worry about until at least July when the next mac show happens, I'd go get one ASAP, I can't imagine a day without mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2003 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 6
I wouldn't expect the ipod to go down in price for a while more. I've noticed that apple isn't big on lowering prices too much, but they add features. Maybe if a newer ipod comes out, they would blow out the older models, but until then. . .

Jan 15, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Actually they probally won't wait till the next mac show, possibly may or so for them to just drop the bomb on the video capable on
smily_headphones1.gif
Something for kids to play to save their entire summer earnings to buy, tsk tsk on apple;/

Jan 16, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 6
...of course no one really knows when a change in features/price drop will occur. There were several rumors last year that the prices would drop on the fourth of January, and that was certainly not the case. I think the iPod will change somehow in status sometime in the spring, but that's just a hutch. really, there are no guarantees in the technology game.
frown.gif
, but i guess you already knew that. best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back