iPhone3g Call Adapter for my UE Super Fi 5?
Sep 7, 2008 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ansextra

Head-Fier
I just purchased an iPhone3g and want to continue to use my UE Super Fi 5 Pro's with it. I have heard that there are adapters so that calls can be made and received with any headphone. Problem is I don't want 4 or 5' of cable hanging from my head every time I use the adapter.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this other than purchasing new earbuds?

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 9
You should not need anything special. When a call comes in you will hear the ring music in your headphones and the regular music will stop. The slider is then used to accept the call. You then talk into the iPhone but continue to use the headphones to hear the call. You can adjust the volume using the side volume controls. When you end the call the music starts back up. Also the 3g can accept all headphones since it has a normal headphone jack.

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?
That's pretty cool! I thought I'd need special headphones or an adapter. I guess I just need to hold the iphone near my mouth then?

Nah you don't. That said, if you want something with a button to control the song playback or to answer calls then consider the Shure MPA or M-Jays (by Jays).

I started out just using my headphones but eventually wanted a button to answer calls and I also wanted to be hands free so I got the shure MPA.

Sep 7, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 9
I meant hold it near my mouth when I'm on a call...
wink.gif

I just don't want 3 or 4' of cables hanging off my head so hopefully this will work for my needs.

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant hold it near my mouth when I'm on a call...
wink.gif

I just don't want 3 or 4' of cables hanging off my head so hopefully this will work for my needs.

Yeah, just hold the iphone close to your mouth. I just needed to learn that the ring tone was actually an incoming call. I change the ring tone to an old phone so it be immediate recognizable.

I'm using ue10 iems, so I don't want to take them off just to make a call. That was the biggest problem having an ipod and separate phone. By the time I answered the other phone and got the headphone off, I'd miss the call.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 9
yeah i keep my UE-10 on when listening to music on my iPhone, and i don't have to hold the phone close to my mouth, people seem to hear me pretty clear when I'm holding my phone near my pockets (arms down)...

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i keep my UE-10 on when listening to music on my iPhone, and i don't have to hold the phone close to my mouth, people seem to hear me pretty clear when I'm holding my phone near my pockets (arms down)...

That's good to know. I figured it might be ok a little further away since you can use it as a speaker phone and you don't need that close in the mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back