iPhone 3G
Jul 11, 2008 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ingwe

Headphoneus Supremus
According to Live iPhone 3G vs. iPhone Comparison Test Results Here | iLounge News :
Quote:

However, the major difference between these two devices isn’t the speaker, but rather what comes out of the headphone port. Everyone knows that Apple has fixed the first iPhone’s incompatibility with common 3.5mm headphone plugs, but what hasn’t been widely reported is that the iPhone 3G most certainly has a new audio chip, quite likely the same Cirrus Logic one that made it into the iPod classic. Direct comparisons between the iPhone 3G and original iPhone showed that the new model has an almost completely clean noise floor, just like the iPod classic, rather than the comparatively noisier iPhone, which used a similar Wolfson Audio sound chip to the iPod nano, 5G, and touch products. We have more testing to do on this front, but what we can say is that the iPhone 3G sounds hugely cleaner with a high-end pair of earphones than the original model; it remains to be seen whether the Dock Connector output or bass levels are different than the iPod classic’s.

It begins...

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 9
no matter what chip it has the hiss, distortion & rolllof will make u nuts... the pure fact is there is no hifi mp3 player available . capability of portable mp3 is mediocre + we dont have the technology to pack so much technology together and not have distorted signal..and bluetooth is still a2dp which is bad q sound.

wenth through this with the n95 ..went through build diagrams and everything tried to mod...didnt go well

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 9
well at least they tried... and besides, is there such a thing as a perfect audio source besides live performance?

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 9
If they aren't comparing line out, there's no way to say what the cause of the improved sound is. It may just be a better match up between their particular cans and the headphone out circuitry of the iPhone. I'd wait to hear how the line out compares before deciding anything.

See ya
Steve

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 9
At least it has a 3.5mm jack.
cool.gif
I'm sure it sounds good for a phone, I'll let you know.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Doesn't using the iPhone for music kill the battery? That's the number one thing I want in my next cell phone, long battery life. I hate charging phones. I certainly wouldn't compromise one's usage to play a couple songs.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 9
I have my iphone 3g from here in the UK
Due to apple and O2 crashing here in UK yesterday I still don't have a signal from service provider and as such cant make calls etc!
It does however let me do everything else.....
WIFI works so can surf web and download new apps
Email client sets up and syncs great
Sounds a little louder thru my grados via the headphone jack than my touch!
Not too sure about the quality of sound as yet as prefer to judge by the line out and need to order myself a new Iphone LOD
have 4 for the ipod but as we all know they dont work on the Iphone!!
Qables or ALO?? decisions decisions!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back