Introducing the HIFIMAN x GOLDENWAVE Prelude
Dec 5, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #31 of 34
Looks promising!

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #33 of 34
Is the Hifiman - Goldenwave Prelude specs any different to the Goldenwave Prelude headamp?

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #34 of 34
I had hifiman prelude for 14 days unfortunately I'm not impressed first I say the good things about it soundstage is good but not huge size. Distance of sounds are good and precise there is sense that the soundstage that the amp use always on and fills the image with the sound. The amp is not slow like hpa v222, It's as fast as the topping devices, there is much less sibilance from voices like S and T. it sounds organic and abit tubey, it is warm and u can listen for hours even with bright headphones but the drawbacks are the sounds that supposed to be realistic in nature are not realistic it can't make sounds that sound like real life like glass Breaking and people cheer at the back of the stage i believe it is because the device control the treble of sound so much it can't make realistic sound pop out like you were there. Topping a30 pro manage to do it effortlessly but a device that cost 9 times as much cant do it so there is sort of veil in the sound that make the device sound close to real but it can't get pass veil when things get really real. The amp is laid back and warm I like more brightness in my music vocals are a bit recessed not by much but a tiny bit. i believe this amp is overpriced to the extremes it does not sound like 2500 device it sounds like at maximum 1500 device and not only it cost 2500 you only get 1 year of warranty and the device is really hot so i don't believe it will survive many years i'm pretty sure u can cook your food on it so unfortunately this amp is going back if it was costing 1500 dollars and having at least 3 year warranty I would have considered keeping it, ,but for this price the amp should be flawless and with longer warranty..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back