International Guide: How To Buy Goods From Japan
Mar 15, 2022 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ThEvil0nE

Headphoneus Supremus
Mods, please delete if not allowed or a similar thread already exist.

I have been successfully purchasing goods from Japan for more than 10 years now. Mostly car parts and accessories, Japanese incense and other Japan exclusive goods. I exclusively was using a forwarding service tenso.com which you will be given a specific to you address in Japan which you will be using as your shipping address when doing online shopping. This shipping address is tenso's warehouse. You will then get an email when tenso receives your package. You will then pay a service fee and the actual EMS shipping cost. Tenso is by far the cheapest forwarding service when it comes to service fee. The only downside to forwarding service is that you have to do everything yourself from registering to the online shop, shopping and inputting your shipping address in Japan, the address given to you by tenso. To input your shipping info is the hardest and most daunting task in all these process as every shopping cart/checkout is different and it's in Japanese.

Rakuten Japan now has their own forwarding service if you shop Rakuten. It's basically the same method as tenso but since it will be integrated to your Rakuten Japan account, it's much easier.

My favorite so far, in terms of ease, is worldshopping which is a proxy shopping service . Higher service fee but the easiest and most hassle free experience. Find what you want. Send a worldshopping request form, you need the link address of the item you want to buy, they'll buy it for you and forward ship it to you.

There are now numerous proxy shopping services so Japan shopping is way easier.

Here's the steps on how to use worldshopping:

Make a request:
WS1.jpg

Complete the request form. You will get a confirmation email of your request.
WS2.jpg

You will get another email for you to complete your order. I use paypal to complete my order.
WS3.jpg

A confirmation email that your item/s has been ordered.
WS4.jpg

A confirmation email that they have received your shipment. Here is where you pay international S&H via paypal.
WS5.jpg

Confirmation email that you have paid S&H. This is where the fun part as your item/s have shipped with tracking info.
WS6.jpg

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 1647316465579.png
    1647316465579.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 26, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 2
If you’re in America and travel around, there are some Japanese products stores.

One of the coolest things I bought is an egg yolk separator. It’s a simple cheap plastic thing that helps remove the egg yolk from the white which is great for certain dishes. Not just Japanese dishes but even for some European style dishes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back