Interest in a Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH Meet?
Nov 28, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #16 of 28
Have a few job interviews in Cleveland, Buffalo, Erie, Pittsburgh and Philly...its a crazy month but i'll be happy to drive down in the snow and cold to meet you guys. Havent been to a meet outside Fl and this should be fun
wink.gif

The only problem is that the car I will be driving is rear wheel drive
eek.gif
(Brother-in-law is a drift nut
rolleyes.gif
)

Might have to rent a 4WD for this meet...no way im driving this thing on the interstate. The last time I took it to cleveland in winter - I shat my pants and drove in the granny lane
basshead.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 28
I'd like to shoot for either the 17th-20th or December, or sometime after New Years before my second semester starts. I'll find out some more details, like I said before, but let see who can possibly attend those dates.

It seems like a lot of work, especially on my part, but I'm sure it'll be a good time, and well worth the effort!

edit: If I can't pull one together sometime around the holidays, I'm 100% sure I can host one during the summer. But, I'm sure you guys don't want to wait that long! Plus, we need to get GS out of that warm weather so he can experience a Head-Fi meet in a winter wonderland
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
edit: If I can't pull one together sometime around the holidays, I'm 100% sure I can host one during the summer. But, I'm sure you guys don't want to wait that long! Plus, we need to get GS out of that warm weather so he can experience a Head-Fi meet in a winter wonderland
tongue.gif

Hey if every thing goes well and we have this at your place and you need some help cleaning up, setting up places to put stuff, etc just PM cause its only a 25 minute walk. I can just come over on an afternoon before the meet and help.

Nov 28, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikkoman
Hey if every thing goes well and we have this at your place and you need some help cleaning up, setting up places to put stuff, etc just PM cause its only a 25 minute walk. I can just come over on an afternoon before the meet and help.

Thanks for the offer, that would be awesome. A summer meet is definately going to happen!

Right now for a winter meet, I'm looking at the Saturday the 18th, the 19th, and 20th.

I'll give you guys ample time to read this, and in the meantime I'll get a definate yes or no if this is really going to happen.

Nov 28, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #20 of 28
My last class before X-mas ends at noon on the 18th so any of those days are good for me. I'm deffinatly in if we have it.

Nov 28, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 28
I'd like to attend but have to see what our travel plans are like during the holiday break. I want to go but can't commit to anything just yet. As soon as a date is announced then I can say for sure one way or the other. Thanks and I'll hopefully see you guys in Pittsburgh

BTW, to GSFerrari: If I do attend we can drive there together to save on gas and such.

Nov 28, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
I'd like to attend but have to see what our travel plans are like during the holiday break. I want to go but can't commit to anything just yet. As soon as a date is announced then I can say for sure one way or the other. Thanks and I'll hopefully see you guys in Pittsburgh

BTW, to GSFerrari: If I do attend we can drive there together to save on gas and such.

That may also save my life. My car here is a Toyota MR2 rear wheel drive
eek.gif

No way I am driving it in the snow for extended periods of time...too much concentration required
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 28
Ok little update, I'm going to push for the 19th or 20th, since my roommates graduate on Wednesday the 15th. I think my place should be free those two days. Hopefully I'll have an answer either later tonight or tomorrow, we're still getting back from Thanksgiving break
smily_headphones1.gif

So far it looks like Kikkoman, gsferrari, and Jose Perez have expressed interest, hopefully we get a few more guys.

Nov 29, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #28 of 28
Ok guys, it looks like this meet is a go! So far, here is a list of guys that have expressed interest:

tkam
Kikkoman
gsferrari
GlowWorm
Jose Perez
andrzejpw
Harrath

I'll start a new thread later tonight outlining some of the details and who is bringing what gear. I'll also let you know what I have to use (tables, power strips, etc...). I'll try and cover all the important stuff
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back