Interest Check: Chicago West Suburbs (St. Charles, IL)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2019 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

durwood

100+ Head-Fier
This is an interest check for a local meet sometime in the fall, thinking October sometime maybe early November. I know ZMF is hosting one in October, so not sure how many would attend one out in the suburbs around the same time frame. I plan on trying to make this a regular thing from time to time, so Spring might be another good time to host one.

First time I have tried organizing a gathering, but I have the blessing from a friend who owns an audio shop near St. Charles, IL

Putting feelers out there for a date and any interested parties. I have also signed up for the Fearless Audio audition so maybe it can coincide with when I have the set. That could be tough though to time it right. I will put together a google doc.

Myself I have
1) a stupid growing collection of Chifi IEMs (bring your own tips please you don't want my ear juice and I don't want yours)
2) a handful of over the ear open and closed cans (most listed in my profile).
3) Only one headphone amp, the O2.
4) I also have hobbyist microphone measuring gear for those that find interest in that and want something crudely measured
5) Might give away a recabled MH755 set and offer recabling onsite if you bring your own cable and MH755 if there is time.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I would be interested for sure. What audio shop would it be at? I will be at zmfestivus as well hope to see you there.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I would like to attend ZMFfestivus, but not sure if I can swing it since I will just be getting back from a work trip to Germany and family time is important too.

Mobile systems, the focus is on car audio and also custom home installs through his other entity. He recently moved to a larger shop that will accommodate a small gathering in his home audio demo room with room to expand into the car bays if needed.

I am going to see what his schedule is and mine and just come up with a date, maybe early November since this is such short notice. I know there were others from the announcement thread interested in a suburb gathering. One in the spring would be nice too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back