Interconnects from dCS Bartok to a tube amp......RCA/XLR and which ones?
May 26, 2022 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bluecar

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks - I'm looking to add a tube amp to my rack - so, an open question for all dCS owners - if you plugged up to an external valve amp what did you use?

XLR or RCA?
which cables?
which amp?

I'm mainly using focal and Meze cans (Utopia, Empyrean, Elites) and fancy some tube action as an alternative to the integrated amp in the Bartok.

Interested in all views in a wholly non-judgemental way :D

May 27, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 3
I’ve run my Bartók into both a tube pre-amp (Convergent Audio Technology SL-1) and tube amps (Acoustat DD servo amps). In both cases, XLR isn’t an option, so there was no choice to make. I’m sticking to direct into the amps currently. I used Blue Jeans LC-1 in both cases (although my Acoustat amps are so far away I’ve got 25’ interconnects). Sounds great. I will upgrade the interconnects at some point, but 25’ of most great interconnects gets pricey quickly.

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey folks - I'm looking to add a tube amp to my rack - so, an open question for all dCS owners - if you plugged up to an external valve amp what did you use?

XLR or RCA?
which cables?
which amp?

I'm mainly using focal and Meze cans (Utopia, Empyrean, Elites) and fancy some tube action as an alternative to the integrated amp in the Bartok.

Interested in all views in a wholly non-judgemental way :D
At canjam NYC they had the DCS Bartoks hooked up with Nordost Valhalla 2 power cables, I tried to get a look at the interconnects but couldn't see what they were.

Didn't want to be rude and disconnect it lol.

Maybe you could ask the owner, he seems like a really nice guy. I'm sure he would have some good suggestions for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back