Insignia NS-WHP314 Wireless TV Headphones ....Anyone else have a pair?
Jul 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cphil19

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm in desperate search for a good pair of wireless headphones to use with my TV. It's one of those new Samsung LED's, which means no headphone jack and also no bluetooth connectivity, which leaves my options limited. I do in fact have an audio out and digital audio out. 

I picked up a pair of Insignia NS-WHP314 Digital Wireless headphones, as they seemed to be good value, digital, and would work with my TV.

While they seem to work okay and there's no noticeable feedback, the sound quality leaves a LOT to be desired. There is absolutely NO bass, and the sound almost feels like it's at a distance. Pretty equivalent to drug store sounding headphones in my opinion. My ten year old Sennheiser 497 blow these out of the water, but as mentioned, there's no way I can use a wired headphone.

I'm thinking of returning these and getting the Sennheiser 170's as I love my other Sennheiser, and the reviews seem to be great. My only worry is that there won't be much difference in actual sound so I'm trying to get some other opinions from people that own or have used these Insignias and could tell me if in fact the Sennheiser 170's would provide much better quality. Just want to have that piece of mind beforehand, as if I'm going to pay twice as much, I want to make sure in advance the sound will be way better. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 3
I bought a pair in Dec 2014, about 3 weeks ago for listening to TV.  I am ready to get rid of them. I think the sound is terrible, base too loud, no way to adjust sound except higher or lower. I could kick myself for not buying Sennheiser like my old pair that I wore out.

The headphones are heavy and too tight, even though I have a small head. I am going to buy a set of Sennheisers. Maybe someone else likes these Insignia, but it is not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back