Inserting 3.5mm Headphone Port into Phones
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MelodyMood

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All. As we know that Apple's Blind Follower these crony phone companies removed headphone jack from the phone for no reason and provided people with crap USB-C DAC/Dongle to listen to the music that too only when you either buy Bluetooth headphone or buy these connectors so you can use 3.5mm Earphones. Otherwise, these phones are not for any use.

I am wondering if it is possible to insert the 3.5mm Port into the phone which it does not have originally? Is there any way to do so? Is so then how and where to buy the Port the required things (what all are required)? Thanks in advance.

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 7
You're going to need some kind of OTG USB device such as a dongle. If you are wanting a port, one would need to see the circuit board of the phone to see if it's even possible to add. You might get lucky and see the board on ifixit.com Of course, this would mean opening the phone, which would void the warranty. Since most of the phone are glue together, they are not an easily reassabled by the average person.

As for your complaint, it make sense by the phone makers because more and more people were going wireless to connect many devices to their phones. If they don't have it, they can make the phone thinner save some production costs. Plus, they may be able to put is bigger batteries. Things that consumers keep wanting.

As for the use of smartphones, well, there are plenty other uses for them such as texting and phone calls. Some people use them as GPS maps devices. There are cheaper and more expensive music players other than a smartphone.

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 7
Hi All. As we know that Apple's Blind Follower these crony phone companies removed headphone jack from the phone for no reason and provided people with crap USB-C DAC/Dongle to listen to the music that too only when you either buy Bluetooth headphone or buy these connectors so you can use 3.5mm Earphones. Otherwise, these phones are not for any use.

I am wondering if it is possible to insert the 3.5mm Port into the phone which it does not have originally? Is there any way to do so? Is so then how and where to buy the Port the required things (what all are required)? Thanks in advance.
Check out strange parts on YouTube, the guy did it with his iPhone.

Mar 6, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 7
You're going to need some kind of OTG USB device such as a dongle. If you are wanting a port, one would need to see the circuit board of the phone to see if it's even possible to add. You might get lucky and see the board on ifixit.com Of course, this would mean opening the phone, which would void the warranty. Since most of the phone are glue together, they are not an easily reassabled by the average person.
I know it is not easy to remove the Circuit and then put it back but there is no other way to use a phone normally i.e. to talk and to listen to the music/watch video. Using Bluetooth for Audio is Crazy only fools can do that and these phone companies are successfully made fool out of millions already :)
As for your complaint, it make sense by the phone makers because more and more people were going wireless to connect many devices to their phones. If they don't have it, they can make the phone thinner save some production costs. Plus, they may be able to put is bigger batteries. Things that consumers keep wanting.
These are only lame excuses. I see thinner phone with bigger batteries but still with 3.5mm Jack. And I am yet to se any phone which is thinner than 3.5mm or 4mm in thickness. These companies are more interested in selling heir Bluetooth headsets and Dongles and it has nothing to do with Thin Phones or Bigger Batteries.
As for the use of smartphones, well, there are plenty other uses for them such as texting and phone calls. Some people use them as GPS maps devices. There are cheaper and more expensive music players other than a smartphone.
None of the functionality needs excusive USB-C Port or nothing that 3.5mm Port will have some obstacle on these functions.

Mar 6, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 7
.... to talk and to listen to the music/watch video. ...

... see thinner phone with bigger batteries but still with 3.5mm Jack. ... companies are more interested in selling heir Bluetooth headsets and Dongles ....

None of the functionality needs excusive USB-C Port or nothing that 3.5mm Port will have some obstacle on these functions.
The talking and watching/listening to other content at the same time has very little to do with bluetooh or 3.5mm. That's it either how the phone can access the netowrks/radios. Not quite the issue it once was, but phones can either access the voice or data network, not both. It's more the phone's OS and how it handle's multiple applications that use the audio. I have the same issue listen to music when I go to use the camera app or use the camera app and try to make a phone call such as to 911 (although this is probably a mic issue).

You may not like the reasoning why some companies got rid of the 3.5mm port. The general consumer likes convenience over many things we find valuable. Is there some motivation to see Bluetooth headphones or dongles, sure. The more features phones have, the more production costs and, possible, licensing fees the manufacture has to pay.

As for the functionality, you original statement said nothing about functionality requiring dongles or blue tooth devices. You said without the 3.5mm port that the phones would have no other use. I realize you meant that they're probably uses in regards to music listening.

I'm more annoyed over the phone manufactures removing the removable batteries and SD expansion memory. I'm sure that's production cost thing and a why to push more units since they batteries will go back. The SD card slot forces people to pay large memory units that was significantly more expensive, whereas you could go with lower memory and get the same or more storage significantly cheaper. And yes, I agree it's companies like Apple lead the way with this stuff, and when they're successful with it, the other follow suit. I was find without the all glass phones too. I'm also one of those that likes to root/jailbreak his phone. I get annoyed when stuff is disable because of it or one has enable developer mode. It's like they think everyone has nefarious intentions.

Mar 7, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 7
I guess you are talking about some fun video where someone drill the iPhone with drilling machine. That video only for fun and nothing to do with putting actual 3.5mm Jack on the phone.
No this, why couldn't you find it is a mistery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back