Incorporating Music as an Accelerant to Our Spiritual Journey
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #16 of 18
Our spatial hearing compares the sound heard by left and right channels. If you have say 108 Hz sinewave playing on left ear and 112 Hz on right ear (binaural listening with headphones so that the channels don't leak to "wrong" ear) our spatial hearing with detect a binaural beat of 4 Hz (112 Hz-108 Hz). Our hearing detects the stereophonic signal goes in-phase and out of phase 4 times a second. This also creates a feeling of the sound moving around, but it is pretty fuzzy, even annoying feeling as the spatial cues in this case not only simplistic, but also totally unnatural.

Apparently our brain pulsates at different frequencies and different binaural difference frequencies affect us differently, but this is neuroscience, something I have zero expertise of so I won't go into it.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #17 of 18
Good, deep, discussion. Here are some of my favorite quotes from some of the music masters:

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Mozart

"Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend." - Beethoven

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy, it is the wine of a new procreation, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for men and makes them drunk with the spirit." - Beethoven

“Music, being identical with heaven, isn’t a thing of momentary thrills, or even hourly ones. It’s a condition of eternity.” - Gustav Holst

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist.” - Robert Schumann

“In love’s godlike breathing, there’s the innermost aspect of the universe.” - Alexander Scriabin

“Music can name the un-nameable and communicate the unknowable.” - Leonard Bernstein

“The end of all good music is to affect the soul.” - Claudio Monteverdi

Shifting gears :)

"I'd like to point out to people the divine in a musical language that transcends words. I want to speak to their souls." - John Coltrane

“Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.” - Frank Zappa

"Excuse me when I kiss the sky." – Jimi Hendrix

"Music should be used for the perception of God, not jitterbugging." - George Harrison

That's enough for now :)

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #18 of 18
Fidelity is different than creativity. Audio equipment is a matter of fidelity, which involves response, distortion, timing and dynamic control. Music is a matter of creativity, which involves patterns, contrasts, structure... all totally different than fidelity.

Audiophools tend to assign creative aspects to wires and transistor, but that is all wrong. Creativity is something artists express.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back