In search of aptX-HD BT Transmitter for PC/TV
May 6, 2020 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gil80

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I live in Australia so my options are limited. From your experience, is there a good yet cheap Bluetooth device that can be powered via USB and get connected to the PC's/TV's 3.5mm mini-jack and transmit using aptX-HD (AAC/aptX-LL is nice to have)?

I have the Nuraphones which are aptX-HD but my PC and Laptop don't have aptX-HD.

Thanks!

May 6, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 10
Without Apt-X LL on transmitter and headphones, you'll have discontinuity between the video and sound (audio delay is very annoying).

May 6, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 10
Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Still in search for an affordable aptX HD bluetooth transmitter that connects to a computer to deliver quality audio over BT.
most devices I find are aptX LL, which I care less about (it's nice to have and might be combined with aptx HD) but I'm after a small form factore that connects to USB for power and the 3.5 mini jack for audio, or just USB that can deliver 24bit 48Khz via BT with aptX HD.
How come there's no such device?

The only thing that comes close to this is the Avantree DG60 (I believe) but I had it and it's a 16bit 48Khz. True that they are using Qualcomm codec but they have an issue getting 24bit via USB and they are ware of it.

May 20, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 10
I use Creative BT-W2, not HD, only LL.

Cheap and easy.

May 20, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #10 of 10
Bluetooth is lossy compression.
Even if the source is 24 bit / 48 kHz it will be compressed to aprox 350 kbs, say high bitrate MP3 using APTX
APTX-HD accepts 24/48 but the bitrate is 576 kbs.
As a reference, CD in uncompressed format = 1411 kbs

Thanks. I do want to get the max I can from a BT transmitter, even if it's lossy. All smaller USB BT transmitter have only aptX LL and not HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back