In Search For Over Ear Headphones. $100 Or Less.
Dec 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Diego Bautista

New Head-Fier
For the past week I've been searching for new headphones to purchase.  My old $20 headphones aren't cutting it anymore and I want a pair of headphones with a higher quality sound.  I am new to the world of professional headphones so I decided to ask here.  At first i was debating whether to buy the audio technica ath-m50 or ath-m40x.  After being told by a fellow Head-Fi user to look into the sony mdr7506, I thought my search was over.  Then I came across the sony mdrV6 and read multiple reviews saying that these headphones perform the same, so I was yet again stuck.  So I have decided to start from scratch and list my requirements in order to find the pair of headphones that best suit my needs.  

Sound quality is what I'm searching for above all, with comfort coming in at a close second.  I mostly listen to electronica/EDM, but I do listen to other genres such as rock( mostly classic), pop, and hip-hop.  I want a pair of headphones that sound good when listening to EDM, but also good enough when listening to the genres I've mentioned before as well as others.  An all around excellent sound for all genres of music.

I want only a pair of over the ear headphones.  No on ear or earbuds.  I will be using them for long periods of time, so the ear pads have to be comfortable.  These will be strictly for home use, I will not be taking them outside at all.  So they would have to be easily powered by a phone( I have an iphone 5) or a laptop.  

Noise isolation is not as important to me as sound quality or comfort, but I would prefer it if people didn't hear what I was listening to.

If you have anymore specific questions, please let me know.  All recommendations will be taken into consideration.  Thank you and have a nice day.   

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 2
It sounds to me like more recommendations is not what you need. You need someone to just tell you to pull the trigger and buy something.

So: Stop waffling and buy something! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back