• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 6, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #5,312 of 18,067
A quick OT if I may
Wanted to briefly jump in to confirm the new TinHiFi T3+ (Liquid Crystal Polymer) driver is Extraordinarily a truly GREAT IEM at a very affordable $70 o_0
These days I very rarely buy anything other than IMR as it ticks all boxs 110% but . . . My God I am blown away by what i'm hearing. The balance, tonality, instrument placement, 3D clarity and space is mind blowing

I was curious to hear what an LCP driver could do - It is a very rigid material that has been used in expensive headphones/speakers etc. Colour me Very impressed
They seem to be able to work with Any genre you throw at them - with ease.

I should add Im using the NiceHK Litz 4N copper cable balanced with my `Sony DAP +NewBee foam tips so they are getting a very good source. After 45 hours burn in and trying this cable they are as I describe above

OOTbox they were superbly tuned and balanced - NOTHING you could faut them with - One of the best 'just relax and enjoy the music' IEM's Ive ever heard. `A superbly maybe even perfectly tuned IEM but with this cable & set up. TBH im a little freaked out at what i am hearing !!

Anyway - the T3+ are getting a lot of hype so i just wanted to confirm this and knowing what IMR listeners enjoy and expect, to heartedly recommend them :)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #5,313 of 18,067
A quick OT if I may
Wanted to briefly jump in to confirm the new TinHiFi T3+ (Liquid Crystal Polymer) driver is Extraordinarily a truly GREAT IEM at a very affordable $70 o_0
These days I very rarely buy anything other than IMR as it ticks all boxs 110% but . . . My God I am blown away by what i'm hearing. The balance, tonality, instrument placement, 3D clarity and space is mind blowing

I was curious to hear what an LCP driver could do - It is a very rigid material that has been used in expensive headphones/speakers etc. Colour me Very impressed

I should add Im using the NiceHK Litz 4N copper cable balanced with my `Sony DAP +NewBee foam tips so they are getting a very good source. After 45 hours burn in and trying this cable they are as I describe above

OOTbox they were superbly tuned and balanced - NOTHING you could faut them with - One of the best 'just relax and enjoy the music' IEM's Ive ever heard. `A superbly maybe even perfectly tuned IEM but with this cable & set up. TBH im a little freaked out at what i am hearing !!

Anyway - the T3+ are getting a lot of hype so i just wanted to confirm this and knowing what IMR listeners enjoy and expect, to heartedly recommend them :)
I agree they are great, so are the Tripowin Olina it's nice to step out of the IMR bubble now and again to give some comparison bench marks.

Mar 6, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #5,314 of 18,067
A quick OT if I may

I was also curious about T3+. How does it compare to Semper that you have?

Mar 6, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #5,315 of 18,067
I was also curious about T3+. How does it compare to Semper that you have?
Well the Semper is a real TOTL IEM that offers a profound end game sound in all areas . . .so its on a whole 'nother level
but the T3+ (for me) at this early stage strikes me as a TOTL Budget?
The space and soundstage reminds me of the Splash of Gold.
Its a tricky one to explain - The clarity is very striking yet there is no fatigue at all. It has a great spacious energy that sounds full of the 'joy of life' sound and yet also seems very balanced and smooth. Such a genuine joy to listen to but doesn't have any 'special aspects' everything sounds well balanced and yet you have this superb 3D imaging etc

OOT box I would have been impressed with its balanced smooth and natural sound with slight warmth in Low end but today after a few hours burn in and changing the cable I was weirded out by just how much change and improvement they had.
Its unusual to have these characteristics and yet still be very non-fatiguing and enjoyable listening to the music.

Sometimes with IMR the quality and technical ability is SO good I end up listening too and enjoying many aspects of the audio itself where as with the T3+ I'm finding similar qualities but it leads more to enjoying the music itself.
Also the shape they have doesn't always work for me but these are super comfortable.

All I can really say is that I would be just as happy to take the T3+ as I would the IMR Red2 for travelling, walking about etc
Cant really give more praise than that really :)

Mar 6, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #5,316 of 18,067
Well the Semper is a real TOTL IEM that offers a profound end game sound in all areas . . .so its on a whole 'nother level
but the T3+ (for me) at this early stage strikes me as a TOTL Budget?
The space and soundstage reminds me of the Splash of Gold.
Its a tricky one to explain - The clarity is very striking yet there is no fatigue at all. It has a great spacious energy that sounds full of the 'joy of life' sound and yet also seems very balanced and smooth. Such a genuine joy to listen to but doesn't have any 'special aspects' everything sounds well balanced and yet you have this superb 3D imaging etc

OOT box I would have been impressed with its balanced smooth and natural sound with slight warmth in Low end but today after a few hours burn in and changing the cable I was weirded out by just how much change and improvement they had.
Its unusual to have these characteristics and yet still be very non-fatiguing and enjoyable listening to the music.

Sometimes with IMR the quality and technical ability is SO good I end up listening too and enjoying many aspects of the audio itself where as with the T3+ I'm finding similar qualities but it leads more to enjoying the music itself.
Also the shape they have doesn't always work for me but these are super comfortable.

All I can really say is that I would be just as happy to take the T3+ as I would the IMR Red2 for travelling, walking about etc
Cant really give more praise than that really :)
Hi praise. I'm tempted!

Mar 7, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #5,317 of 18,067
How is the detail on the IMR semper? It seems like my IMR SOG is already perfect when it comes to tuning and details. Unless there is a huge step ahead with much more detail I don't see a need for a totl IEM.

The SOG is already perfectly tuned for my taste. Just a little bit of minimal EQ and the tuning is 100% reference to my ears.

Mar 7, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #5,318 of 18,067
How is the detail on the IMR semper? It seems like my IMR SOG is already perfect when it comes to tuning and details. Unless there is a huge step ahead with much more detail I don't see a need for a totl IEM.

The SOG is already perfectly tuned for my taste. Just a little bit of minimal EQ and the tuning is 100% reference to my ears.

That the exact reason why one has to hear a TOTL IEM. The SOG is like a toy compared to it - not in a bad way by any means. The SOG is an incredible IEM but the Semper. . . Hard to describe

The SOG - Its a bit like watching your favourite TV show on a super Hi Res 8K Ultra TV - Just WOW but...
The Semper is like being In the Studio Itself during filming
You could argue that due to the high resolution what your eyes 'see' is very close but the >>Experience and immersion and realism<< of being in the Studiolive is what the Semper sounds like !

I like the CNT/ADLC driver a lot but they cannot do the analog type of realism the way the drivers of the Semper does
so you could certainly feel one is 'better' than the other depending on where your preferences lie

Also - (although not really relevant here tbh) there is a big difference between details being heard through there being a lot of treble clarity and the details heard through a well tuned Electrostat driver !

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #5,321 of 18,067
One day when I'm more wealthy I will own an endgame IMR monitor. One day.

I've owned much more expensive iems ($1k+) and I'm happy listening with Splash of Gold. Waiting for DM to get some hours on to compare them both.

Not really interested in spending big bucks, especially when hearing what far cheaper stuff can do now. That's part of the fun for me, enjoying something because it doesn't cost the earth, and sometimes expensive stuff can be disappointing.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #5,322 of 18,067
The Dark Matter keep suprising me. With my previous IMRs I wasn't that much fiddling around with nozzles and filters, as I've found my sweet spot with blue bottom/gold top. Now this time, as mentioned in some previous post, this wasn't quite working for me, as to me there was something odd with the mids. So after doubtfully playing around I ended up with gold bottom / blue top. Especially the top is surprising me, as I would never think that I'd end up with the filter for most highs (quite sensitive to them), but for some reason it nicely complements the gold bottom, which almost completely cuts out the odd peak in the upper mids.

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #5,324 of 18,067
One day when I'm more wealthy I will own an endgame IMR monitor. One day.

I've owned much more expensive iems ($1k+) and I'm happy listening with Splash of Gold. Waiting for DM to get some hours on to compare them both.

Not really interested in spending big bucks, especially when hearing what far cheaper stuff can do now. That's part of the fun for me, enjoying something because it doesn't cost the earth, and sometimes expensive stuff can be disappointing.

For one, IMR is priced relatively reasonably but, if you gel with the house sound, they outperform much more expensive things; I remember auditioning $1500 iems that paled next to $500 IMR gear, and not just in terms of engagement; they didn’t even do better technically. I agree with @Ryokan. I am hovering hard over the EDP Ace. Don’t worry @ExTubeGamer, you’re not crazy, there’s lots of endgame characteristics all up and down the price ladder. You’ve stumbled on a gem it seems.

I had the Semper and they were amazing but I don’t regret them now I have the Dark Matter. I am deriving so much enjoyment. The fit is pretty great now I’ve swapped the new cables for the old ones. Seriously, the new cables are unusable, they’re way too stiff.
That seal comfort is an important part of the experience, fiddling with your ears constantly is NOT the hallmark of a good time.

The Dark Matter keep suprising me. With my previous IMRs I wasn't that much fiddling around with nozzles and filters, as I've found my sweet spot with blue bottom/gold top. Now this time, as mentioned in some previous post, this wasn't quite working for me, as to me there was something odd with the mids. So after doubtfully playing around I ended up with gold bottom / blue top. Especially the top is surprising me, as I would never think that I'd end up with the filter for most highs (quite sensitive to them), but for some reason it nicely complements the gold bottom, which almost completely cuts out the odd peak in the upper mids.

An interesting and unusual combo - gold bottom is usually soft, rounded, hazy, and blue spells max treble, taking no prisoners. I have to try that.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #5,325 of 18,067
An interesting and unusual combo - gold bottom is usually soft, rounded, hazy, and blue spells max treble, taking no prisoners. I have to try that.
same i thought, as much as i tried, the gold bottom never had an useful end, though i kinda understand that with the bone conduction it actually makes the bass violent and the rest leaves it in hands of the BC, maybe ill give it a try

today i carried my opus mia all day long, wide bore epro 001 tips, red bottom, blue top, ltp s1 modded by romi audio.

i forgot how much bass the OM carries... its ABSURD

at the end i purchased a second pair of edp ace. i have a feeling it will be like the OG EDP. if ive ever see one used on sale, i would not doubt in getting a second pair, i just value so much mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back