Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 25, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #721 of 18,013
I'm abit confused with the description of the Semper's drivers stated on the website. Does anyone know how many drivers are there in the Semper and which frequency range does each of the drivers cover?

Technically it is a tribrid but in reality it is a quadbrid but there are 5 drivers.

Tribrid because, there are 3 units.
Quadbrid because one of those 3 is like a coaxial driver in that the DD and the ceramic are one unit but 2 drivers but different flavours.
5 drivers because,
1x DD
!x Ceramic
1x Planar
2x electrostat housed as a dual in the same way there are single and dual balanced armature units.

They pretty much play to their natural frequency response roll off the last i heard as there is no crossover's employed unless things have changed.

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #722 of 18,013
What's everybody's eartips of choice for IMR products?

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #723 of 18,013
I use Azla earfit short with Opus mia

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #724 of 18,013
What's everybody's eartips of choice for IMR products?
Azla Sedna & Xelastec and Tennmak Whirlwind & Strong Foam Foam when I want more isolation

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #725 of 18,013
Technically it is a tribrid but in reality it is a quadbrid but there are 5 drivers.

Tribrid because, there are 3 units.
Quadbrid because one of those 3 is like a coaxial driver in that the DD and the ceramic are one unit but 2 drivers but different flavours.
5 drivers because,
1x DD
!x Ceramic
1x Planar
2x electrostat housed as a dual in the same way there are single and dual balanced armature units.

They pretty much play to their natural frequency response roll off the last i heard as there is no crossover's employed unless things have changed.
Ah I think the part of my confusion is from the ceramic and DD. So they are two in one. Interesting.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #726 of 18,013
Azla Sedna & Xelastec and Tennmak Whirlwind & Strong Foam Foam when I want more isolation
Are the Strong Foam also Tennmaks?

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #727 of 18,013
I'm abit confused with the description of the Semper's drivers stated on the website. Does anyone know how many drivers are there in the Semper and which frequency range does each of the drivers cover?

No idea why the ceramic will stay in the Semper with their being electrostats fulfilling the same role. I guess he is sticking to using the same available driver he has.

The PB2 is using a different dynamic driver. So there is no conflict with the electrostats. But it is not a big full range dynamic driver like in the other IMR models, it will be dedicated for fast relatively less boomy bass.

The ceramic driver in theory should have large-range further extension to the treble beyond we can hear. While the electrostats should be dedicated to the more musical range.....but will the ceramic conflict in where the electrostats are dedicated to?

The planar is for the mids like in the Tin HiFi P1.

Semper
DD, full range less controlled bass (fun musical sound)
Planars, most important mid range
Electrostats, musical range of treble
Ceramic range, treble but wonky relative-to-electrostats...but it can go beyond our hearing range, but not loud enough. The ceramic doesn't take more space, as it's super-imposed onto the dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #728 of 18,013
Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #729 of 18,013
Are the Strong Foam also Tennmaks?
Yes, Tennmak Foam Everyone I shared them with agreed that they the best foams they've tried. They're comfortable, last forever, don't clip the treble and don't muddy the bass. And
right now theyre super inexpensive. I bought a couple boxes and haven't worn through the first pair in months.

Nov 26, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #731 of 18,013
Yes, Tennmak Foam Everyone I shared them with agreed that they the best foams they've tried. They're comfortable, last forever, don't clip the treble and don't muddy the bass. And
right now theyre super inexpensive. I bought a couple boxes and haven't worn through the first pair in months.
Yeah, now that I think about it, I got two boxes of those following your recommendation a few months ago. They're just so durable that I've forgotten about them :D I'm still using the first pairs I installed on my Hana and IT00. I'll have to take them for a spin on the Aten and EDP.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #732 of 18,013
What is the bore width?
I see 4.9mm or 4.5mm on Amazon Japan.
Your link is blocked for me, sorry for asking.
I bought the 4.5 and haven't had a problem fitting them on anything so far. They fit all the IMR, Noble universals, Xelentos, etc.... I'll post another link when I get to my PC. I posted the previous link from my tablet and I think the browser forced some kind of mobile link tied to my app.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #733 of 18,013
I bought the 4.5 and haven't had a problem fitting them on anything so far. They fit all the IMR, Noble universals, Xelentos, etc.... I'll post another link when I get to my PC. I posted the previous link from my tablet and I think the browser forced some kind of mobile link tied to my app.
Here's the proper link for the Tennmak Foam on Ali Express. The description reads
TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips Earpads Earbud Tip Suit for 4.5-6.0mm Nozzle earphone

I just measured the bore and it's 4.2mm They Stretch so they should work with everything between 4.5 and 6mm as described.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #734 of 18,013
^^^^ I've never cared for foam tips in the past, but your description of them is making me want to try these anyway, hahahaha. Knowing me, I'll buy 2-packs, rationalizing, "hey, special price!" Then hate them, and mutter under my breath, "you knew better, man!" hahahahaha

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #735 of 18,013
^^^^ I've never cared for foam tips in the past, but your description of them is making me want to try these anyway, hahahaha. Knowing me, I'll buy 2-packs, rationalizing, "hey, special price!" Then hate them, and mutter under my breath, "you knew better, man!" hahahahaha
Yeah. But for $6.50 / 6pair, shipping in, you really cant loose much. It's worth rolling the dice on them. If you dont like them you still get a nice little tip box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back